• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Odyssey996

Apr 11, 2017
    Hello all!

I wanted to drop by and introduce myself. I will be relocating from the Gunshine state to the Fort Meade area for work. I am loozing forward to a new chapter in life and shooting too.

Last edited:

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Welcome to MDShooers I myself will be heading the opposite direction Maryland to the Gunshine state for retirement, in a few short weeks. Enjoy the forums you will find its a lot different from any Firearm/2A web sites in Florida, this is a greatest bunch of people you could ever find they will help you and give advice on firearm and non firearm issues and a couple post later chastise you for a duplicate post or not reading the forum sticky's.

I do have to say bone up on the Maryland firearm laws this state has it head up its ass when it come to 2nd Amendment and restrictive firearms laws, don't get me started on The district (Washington DC) it's a special kind of Stupid.

Odyssey996

Apr 11, 2017
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys and gals. Congrats on the retirement, and enjoy your new found firearms freedom.

So I have done some readings thus far. I already managed to get the last 3 10-round mags from sig for my Legion SAO so I got that covered. I figured I could simply buy an AR when I get there that would be compliant with the law. I told my dad about the stamped HBAR thing and his reponse was, "harbor freight has letter punches"

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No, stock up on normal mags in FLA. You can bring them with you, and use them here.

And welcome of course.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy. Join our fight.

www.marylandshallissue.org

attachment.php

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Welcome.

To clarify, standard cap mags, 20 and 30 rounds are perfectly legal to own, possess, transport, and use here. You just can't acquire them in Maryland. You can drive to Pennsylvania or Virginia and buy 'em by the bagful for your personal use, but you can't give one to me when you get back, nor can you pick a few up for me since you're going up there anyway. They can't change ownership within the Sacred Borders of the Free State.

You should stock up on standard cap mags before you come. You can easily get more later with a short drive to America. Don't bother getting any ten rounders.

Odyssey996

Apr 11, 2017
    Welcome.

To clarify, standard cap mags, 20 and 30 rounds are perfectly legal to own, possess, transport, and use here. You just can't acquire them in Maryland. You can drive to Pennsylvania or Virginia and buy 'em by the bagful for your personal use, but you can't give one to me when you get back, nor can you pick a few up for me since you're going up there anyway. They can't change ownership within the Sacred Borders of the Free State.

You should stock up on standard cap mags before you come. You can easily get more later with a short drive to America. Don't bother getting any ten rounders.

I saw that this counted for rifles mags, but also for pistol mags as well? Cause my Legion came with 3 standard capacity ones already.

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    I saw that this counted for rifles mags, but also for pistol mags as well? Cause my Legion came with 3 standard capacity ones already.

Yes, this is for all magazines. Perfectly legal to own as long as you don't buy them in Maryland. Buy all you want in Florida before you move here and you are fine.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    Hi-cap mag parts

I just moved back to MD after 10 years in CA. I'm trying to find a place online that sells 30rd aluminum magazine bodies LEGALLY, cost-effectively and that will ship them to MD. Brownells is out, they won't do it. As far as I can tell, as long as I don't assemble the parts while in MD, It's perfectly legal. If I drive up to PA to buy, the guy up-charges because he can smell the Old Bay on me. I don't want to break the law, and don't want to pay a premium. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom