• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    You can get the Remington Law Enforcement Reduced Recoil Buckshot at Gun Connection.....definitely a noticeable difference. I was able to rack about 5 rounds in rapid succession with a shortened, pistol gripped Mossberg 500 and hit dead center or close to it every time.

Deezul

Feb 18, 2010
    So MD, North Calvert
    My first deer gun was a borrowed Wingmaster. Gave it back at the end of season (20 years ago) and the guy sold it a few months later. I went back to talk to him about it - but just missed the sale. Ended up buying a 870 Express Magnum instead but wish I had a Wingmaster! Still want a Wingmaster!

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Went up to Northwestern Loan Co. in Baltimore on Saturday to look at shotguns. Found an 870 Wingmaster with a 30" barrel in pretty good shape for $280, $300 out the door. The guy said it should have had a higher price on it because of its condition, and if I came back later for it, it would be over 300. There was lots of crud on it, and the action was very slow. Not gritty, just slow, like it was really gunked up.

Anyways, I got it home, tore it down, and detail cleaned it, and now the action is SMOOTH!

I called Remington customer service today to find out the age, and they told me it was made in 1964. Honestly, it doesn't look it, their are only a few blemishes on the finish, and the furniture (glossy walnut) is in great shape.

My room mate picked up an 870 express with synthetic stocks for about $250. It looked like it had never been fired.

I'd like to get another wood buttstock so that I can get it shortened and have a rubber pad installed (I want to keep the original stuff unaltered). I'd also like to pick up a 20" barrel, blued, and the three round extension tube. I want to set it up for home defense, but keep the blued/walnut look, as well as be able to swap a few parts and have it set up for trap.

Pics will follow when I get back to Baltimore.

I bought a Mossy 835 from there a week ago and it was real cruddy in the barrel. I can only imagine they sit barrel up on the racks and dust/dirt falls from the ceiling into the barrels.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I bought a Mossy 835 from there a week ago and it was real cruddy in the barrel. I can only imagine they sit barrel up on the racks and dust/dirt falls from the ceiling into the barrels.

YES!!! All guns from NW Pawn need a thorough cleaning!

Cowboy T

I was laughing hysterically when my room mate fired off buckshot with his 18.5" rifled 870. At 10 feet it completely covered the target. At 25 feet it was covering our shooting lane, and part of the shooting lanes to either side (sorry if you were using one of those lanes).

I take it either that rifled barrel is the only one he owns, or he didn't have slugs. :lol:

Actually, if I hadn't read articles on the subject before I got started, I'd probably have done the same thing. And someone like you would've been there to laugh hysterically. And I would've laughed too as I got my lesson. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom