• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Purchased two Saturdays ago and picked it up yesterday. (Damn MD's waiting period!) Someone bought this weapon, barely fired it, cleaned it up, oiled it, and put it up for sale. I got a great deal on it. It looks brand new inside and out. I've been looking for one for awhile now since my wife loves her Gen 1, but wants a weapon mounted light. Hopefully Mark at 2A will get some TLR-1's in next week.

1441og9.jpg

So after the TLR-1, I'm thinking of putting night sights on it. I found a place selling the sights packaged with an extended slide release. Anyone have any experience with these? Are they worth the extra $15?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    So after the TLR-1, I'm thinking of putting night sights on it. I found a place selling the sights packaged with an extended slide release. Anyone have any experience with these? Are they worth the extra $15?

I put extended slide releases on ALL of my Glocks, however there's a reason for that. My Dept issued Glock had one and I got used to it. A lot of people seem to find that there finger will bump it during recoil and cause the slide to lock to the rear. For $15, I'd say sure but you may not like it once it's installed so make sure you keep the original.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I put extended slide releases on ALL of my Glocks, however there's a reason for that. My Dept issued Glock had one and I got used to it. A lot of people seem to find that there finger will bump it during recoil and cause the slide to lock to the rear. For $15, I'd say sure but you may not like it once it's installed so make sure you keep the original.

And the extended slide lock! Definitely easier to use.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    H9jNp.jpg

My 17 has the extended slide lock, extended mag release, and the Glock factory night sights. I have no complaints about any of them.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    ^^^ I agree I have the extended slide lock and mag release as well as glock night sites and am happy with all of them on my G23.

I also love my TLR1 but I wish id have gotten the TLR2 with the laser so I had an extra tool to teach my GF how to learn the sights a little better.

Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the night sights and extended slide release first. I asked the wife if she'd want a laser too and she said yes so I've got to save up for the TLR-2.

Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Took it to the range today and I am more then pleased. It is very accurate and has no problems feeding brass or the cheap steel case Wolf. It feels so much more solid then the Gen 1 that I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom