• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Finally got my first ML off GB but when I opened up the box and looked at it, i found some things i'm not happy with.

the Ramrod was beaten the snot out of with a hammer, and the obstruction in the barrel powder and all was difficult to say the least to remove, and a standard ball puller doesnt work well with normal polymer tip sabots it seems. Had to get redneck midevil on it to get it out. Putting in a small amount of blackpowder bore cleaner and scraping it out with a plastic pick to finally get it loose enough i could tap it out with a wooden dowel.

I havent been able to clean it 100% and there doesnt seem to be any damage but ... should i report this guy to GB for shipping this like this?

Attachments

• NCM_0118.jpg
      NCM_0118.jpg
      39.6 KB · Views: 196
    • NCM_0121.jpg
      NCM_0121.jpg
      46.7 KB · Views: 201
    • NCM_0122.jpg
      NCM_0122.jpg
      98.7 KB · Views: 203
    • NCM_0123.jpg
      NCM_0123.jpg
      84 KB · Views: 197

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    So, he sent you an inline with a sabot and powder loaded in it?
    Did he say it was loaded in the listing?
    Does not sound reasonable or responsible to ship a loaded inline.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    So, he sent you an inline with a sabot and powder loaded in it? yep sure did
    Did he say it was loaded in the listing? no indication of it at all, said it was in good working order
    Does not sound reasonable or responsible to ship a loaded inline.
    thats what i was thinking as well

my issue is, i paid more than i would have for the issues i recieved this in. I had other TC muzzeloaders that i could have had for about the same price and presumably better shape.

it appears as if it's not that buggered up but i'm just wondering if i should let Gun Broker know.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Start by asking for some compensation before you report.
    He should do that.
    If its his, he should know its loaded.
    If its not his, it would be his responsibility to check it out before selling.
    If someone not as careful as you, threw a primer into it and fired it thinking its empty, it could have injured or killed or at least damaged property.
    I got a used ML earlier this year and it had a Sabot jacket in it. No Powder though. Pawn Shop told me it was a Pawn so I knew they did not examine or test fire it so was cautious.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    May I ask what you paid? An Impact isn't a real expensive gun anyway and in this condition you should of got it for about $100. They are great guns but this one is in real bad shape. I would contact the seller and express my displeasure and if he is a twit then I would contact GB.

Vic

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    May I ask what you paid? An Impact isn't a real expensive gun anyway and in this condition you should of got it for about $100. They are great guns but this one is in real bad shape. I would contact the seller and express my displeasure and if he is a twit then I would contact GB.

Vic

I paid $150 it had a Simmons 3x9 scope on it as well.... I'll post pictures later it's actually not in horrible shape provided i can get the rest of the crud out. I may be sending the pictures off to GB.

I contacted him, he said i could send it back if i'm unhappy and wait the 3-6 weeks to get a check back, provided it isnt damaged when he recives it; however, i cannot in good faith send something like that even if it's a small chance of discharge.. i would be my liability.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Start by asking for some compensation before you report.
    He should do that.
    If its his, he should know its loaded.
    If its not his, it would be his responsibility to check it out before selling.
    If someone not as careful as you, threw a primer into it and fired it thinking its empty, it could have injured or killed or at least damaged property.
    I got a used ML earlier this year and it had a Sabot jacket in it. No Powder though. Pawn Shop told me it was a Pawn so I knew they did not examine or test fire it so was cautious.

Oh it came from a Dealer in PA, and that is why i'm more pissed.... My wife knew something was wrong when i taken my ramrod and dropped it down the barrel and saw my face...

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    If its from a dealer he problably bought it that way. neg on his end for not checking it.:sad20:

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    I got the sabot out with a bunch of work, and it cleaned up pretty good, still have some spots that i have had to hit with foaming cleaner, now just to find BH209 and see how it shoots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom