• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDRifles

Mar 9, 2017
    I found over 1k rounds of 22lr in one of my ammo boxes at my first house that I forgot about so figured I should bring out my m&p22. I brought a Vortex Sonora 4-12x44 for my ar10, the Athlon Talos BTR 1-4x24 for my ruger556, and a holosun 507 for my g43x.
    Since I’m new to optics I wanted to try different optics but for the .22 rifle I’m thinking about getting a red dot and maybe add a magnifier. Do y’all have any suggestions. Just going to be used for plinking

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I assume you mean M&P 15-22. My personal favorite "go-fast" optic for AR-style .22s and PCCs is the Holosun HE510C-GR. I don't think a magnifier is necessary unless you're trying to shoot groups or something.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I assume you mean M&P 15-22. My personal favorite "go-fast" optic for AR-style .22s and PCCs is the Holosun HE510C-GR. I don't think a magnifier is necessary unless you're trying to shoot groups or something.
    I too am a big fan of the Holosun 510C-GR. I find that the green dot is easier for me to quickly pick up than a red one. Old eyes I suppose!

Cal68

MDRifles

Mar 9, 2017
    Just because I never used one before. I looked into that holosun and all see is great things that shot to the top of my list my cheap option was the sparc 2 seen it a couple places for 100 shipped

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Just because I never used one before. I looked into that holosun and all see is great things that shot to the top of my list my cheap option was the sparc 2 seen it a couple places for 100 shipped
    The AEMS is also a solid choice, but the HE510C-GR is absolutely worth every penny.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    MHO, red dots are way too general for .22lr. Look at a purpose made scope for .22lr. The fun of shooting .22 is trying to put all your bullets in the same hole. Scopes are better suited for that.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    MHO, red dots are way too general for .22lr. Look at a purpose made scope for .22lr. The fun of shooting .22 is trying to put all your bullets in the same hole. Scopes are better suited for that.
    I assure you, shooting 20+ steel targets in a stage as fast as you can is just as much "the fun of shooting .22" as shooting for groups.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

ant

MDS Supporter
    May 12, 2020
    of course you will have people that hate these companies but it's got good reviews on YouTube and mine stands up too a 7.62x39 so why buy a optic that costs as much as the whole rifle for a fun gun. 704tactical has videos and coupons on his channel for those optics

MDRifles

Mar 9, 2017
    The AEMS is also a solid choice, but the HE510C-GR is absolutely worth every penny.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
    This is at the top of my budget for this random pickup optic. I’ve read some interesting things about this dot and the plus of it being green is on my must buy list. Not sure if I want to right now because of the price and I think I want to put it on a different rifle maybe when I get the Ptr 91 or Galil

MDRifles

Mar 9, 2017
    I’ll look into that sounds interesting

MDRifles

Mar 9, 2017
    ****Wow, that's a great price for a fine optic.
    of course you will have people that hate these companies but it's got good reviews on YouTube and mine stands up too a 7.62x39 so why buy a optic that costs as much as the whole rifle for a fun gun. 704tactical has videos and coupons on his channel for those optics
    Though almost double the price my coworker was telling me to get this https://caagearup.com/product/mos-optic-sight/
    He knows about my extra interest in green dot

MDRifles

Mar 9, 2017
    Thanks guys i ended up ordering that spitfire. The etched reticle, the clearance price, 5x, and after watching a couple vids and reviews it works for me. I seen a used holosun for around the same price but I usually don’t buy used optics I may consider it if he still have it next week and I’ll be done with optics till fall lol. Then it’s scope season

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom