• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Not yet...I'll probably bring a mesauring tape to the range and sketch out what they have, then make my own. All I'm doing now is using the metal frames on the pistol range.

No need to measure at the range, the target frame information is on page 4 of the Rangle Rules (see attached).

Attachments

• FINAL 2009 AGC Range Rules.pdf
      42.6 KB · Views: 235

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I have a PVC idea.....how about after you build one, you pour or spray expanding foam in it? That way if it is hit it will still stand because the foam core will take the weight for at least a few more hits.

Lostfantum

Ultimate Member
    Nov 27, 2007
    Middle River, Maryland
    I have a PVC idea.....how about after you build one, you pour or spray expanding foam in it? That way if it is hit it will still stand because the foam core will take the weight for at least a few more hits.

I will try that with my stand and see how it holds up. I have not hit the stand as of yet, but there is always a first time.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    so you just bring targets and some binder clips?

I don't know what I'm going to do.. since I don't have a car big enough to transport big targets for the rifle range.

btw there are dimensions on the range rules pdf on AGC's website.

http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/PDFs/FINAL 2009 AGC Range Rules.pdf

I bought one pre-made from the range for like $25. Was easier than me trying to build one that would fall apart:lol2:. It folds up flat for easy transport. :thumbsup:

nick

Feb 10, 2009
    Linthicum
    I bought one pre-made from the range for like $25. Was easier than me trying to build one that would fall apart:lol2:. It folds up flat for easy transport. :thumbsup:

Awesome!

Do they have pre-made ones there all the time? Do you just staple targets to them?

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    Hi all. I'm from Howard County (obviously) and new here. Haven't shot in a while and have fairly limited experience. I'm basically a beginner all over again. I just picked up a Mossberg 500 tactical and a S&W M&P .40. I joined ACG in Baltimore County. If anyone needs someone to shoot with or a club to shoot at, or is inclined on helping a beginner, you're welcome to use the club with me anytime.

Glad to be here.

welcome to the forum, i have a mossberg 500 breacher with a adj stock:thumbsup: its my favorite gun with my ak a close second:)

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON

good idea:thumbsup: the foam will hold the shape of the pvc. i play with spray foam at work alot, we use it rebuilding reefer trailers. once we had some that wouldn't spray so.... my air rifle (bird/rat killer) + 6 full cans = :D
    shook em up and shot em, they shot upwards and spiraled shooting foam everywhere:party29:

+10 for duct tape
    i had my pvc uprights shatter this weekend at elkneck due to temp and wind knocking it over. so i'm currently re-engineering my design. i also plan on welding up a steel set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom