• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    be interesting to see a state pass a ban on voting, protesting, religion, alcohol sales, or even the 5th, anywhere someone is legally carrying a firearm.

i mean, if you must give up one right to exercise another, then, let's see how long until the hypocrisy kicks in. a court would toss that in a blink...

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    The copy/paste languahe is because big Anti groups like Everytown provide paid-for attorneys to draft bills for susceptible, low-intellect legislators. We saw this plain and clear last year during the MGA SJPC SB1 hearing last year when the bill's sponsor, Sen Waldo, had to hand off any substantive question about the bill's language to the Everytown lawyer for explanation. That clown didn't know what was in the bill he "authored" and sponsored.
    The fact he got away with this and no one could be bothered to call him out in any substantial way proves just how lost the free state is. And the fact we even pretend who we vote for matters shows why we keep losing ground, think lesser of two evils.

Wish I could leave but doesn't seem likely in the near future.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I was thinking of opening an establishment when I retire called A Shot & A Beer. Shooting range and brewery, no shooting after drinking.
    Might be fun to add a Nerf gun or laser simulator range for people to use after drinking, just to let them (and others) see how much booze screws with their ability to shoot.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Might be fun to add a Nerf gun or laser simulator range for people to use after drinking, just to let them (and others) see how much booze screws with their ability to shoot.
    I shoot better when I’m drunk.

cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    For those that do not remember, when VA originally provided for concealed carry, any establishment that served alcohol was off limits.. Then they changed it to open carry in any establishment that served alcohol. Then to complete conceal it if you want to.

Looks like they want to go straight back to square on.
    This is correct. I thought it was crazy that the state would not let me take my family out for the day and then stop at a Restaurant for dinner on the way home without exposing my weapon (OC) being mandated by law before going in. I doubt this will get any traction.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This is correct. I thought it was crazy that the state would not let me take my family out for the day and then stop at a Restaurant for dinner on the way home without exposing my weapon (OC) being mandated by law before going in. I doubt this will get any traction.
    It may get passed by the legislature but it will get vetoed by the Governor

NBF

Jun 26, 2010
    SOMD
    While not a Maryland issue per se, a lot of us carry in Virginia on a regular basis. Including, sometimes, into (gasp!) a restaurant. Virginia State senator Saddam Salim (Fairfax) has introduced a bill making it a class 2 misdemeanor to carry - whether you have a sip or not - into any establishment with a license to sell alcohol for on-premise consumption. I wonder if all of those more rural Virginians who never turn out to vote will even be aware this would make it illegal to carry in, say, Mission BBQ (and a jillion other places).

No 1. I am against this proposed bill. It is just another attempt at limiting our A2 rights under the color of a BS law.

No 2. If they're successful at passing such a bill, they should consider the percentage of the establishment as a whole...meaning, do they only sell alcohol, or do they also sell food. If the major percentage of sales is for food the establishment should not be off limits for legal toting folks. If the establishment is mainly a bar with little to no food sales, then maybe the language could address no consumption of alcohol (but that should be commonsense) if you're toting.

Submitted IMHO.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    How would they know.......... most staff wouldn't know you are carrying and unless you act like a vegan or crossfitter, you should be ok.....

Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom