New WalMart ammo policy effective 4/29...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scud

Nov 16, 2008
    Near Smithsburg
    I went to WalMart in Frederick today, and... New Policy - No more than six (6) boxes of ammunition per customer, per day. This is no surprise.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    I'm not sure it is a bad thing. It would cut down on the hoarding and help bring an end to the ammo crunch.

Was this policy for that store (I'm guessing Buckeystown Pike) or corporate?

Splitter

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    that's not a bad policy. the ammo will still sell it should just cut down on people buying for resale.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I can't remember the last time I shot 6 boxes in one day. Actually, I can, my fully grown boys were with me and I was foolish enough to just grab a bunch of ammo (thinking we'd never shoot it all). I don't remember if I even got a 'Thanks Dad'. Should I bill them?

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    I would only pick about maybe 6 boxs at a time anyway. It's hard to hide (fromyouknowwho) if i bought any more. I was tempted a few times when there was a bunch but i wanted to leave some for the next guy.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    You have the time to do this?

Someone who is buying to make a nice profit certainly would. Take friends as well to increase the overall amount bought. Its nothing but a feel good policy. It will do very little to stop a shortage. Not to mention as said before Walmart actually has to have more than 6 boxes on the shelf. I'm not expecting to be able to go to Walmart anytime soon to be able to buy anything. I'm thankful I got into reloading. I haven't bought ammo anywhere in the last year.

Jim Keenan

Aug 16, 2008
    A poster on another site was irate. He lived near an ammo distributor, and had driven his truck to the place to pick up some ammo. He bought 20 cases and complained that he wanted 100 but the "dammed hoarders" had bought it all up.

No comment needed.

Jim

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    hell id be happy to be able to buy 1 box every time i go!!!!!!!

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    A poster on another site was irate. He lived near an ammo distributor, and had driven his truck to the place to pick up some ammo. He bought 20 cases and complained that he wanted 100 but the "dammed hoarders" had bought it all up.

No comment needed.

Jim

:lol2:

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.

No comment needed.

Jim

funny story:lol2: but seriously, i think i'm done placnig the blame on the guys buying 20 cases at a time. i personally blame President Obama. None of this would be happening if there was no threat from the left.

Terminator870

4RumWhore 5$=HappyEnding
    Feb 21, 2009
    varies
    i see a lot of ammo for sale in rockville...
    just that its a tad pricey, a 20round box of PMC would set you back 9dollars and another dealer has a 1k case of wolf at 350-400 (i think)

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I stop by the sporting goods desk every time I'm in walmart now and they are always out of stock of handgun ammo. If I ever see some I'm buying it all.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    That's 6 boxes per caliber, right? I am so thankful I got a bunch - cause you can't find squat now. As everyone else, you don't wanna shoot alot..
    And that Wally on 85, the ammo case looks like a Moskow Deli circa 1985 - empty shelves, no bread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom