• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    Don't have my hands on it yet (won't until next week), but I bought a new Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/.22 Mag 6-shot revolver today at the Timonium show.

I couldn't help myself...I shot an H&R .22LR top break 9-shot revolver at a friends' house this summer and really liked it, second to his Remington Rand 1911A1 .45. So my first purchase was an RIA 1911A1 .45 and my second a .22 revolver :D

RR22MB6HOL_lg.jpg

Bought some CCI mini-mags and Fiocchi (made by CCI in the US) mags to play with when I get it. I'll find bigger packs of the mags online, but I have a brick of CCI Blazer .22LR here already.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Those are nice guns. I am holding out for an H&R Top break or a Dan Wesson myself.

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    The H&R top break was really, really fun to shoot. First shot hit high left, so I re-aimed and hit a 3" group.

I like that this comes with both cylinders - .22LR and .22 mag - so I can convert back and forth. Easy to do, too. Parts are readily available and cheap.

I do prefer the top break for ease of ejecting and loading vs. opening the gate and ejecting/loading one by one, but that's just being picky. And this one was cheaper than any H&R in good working order on gunbroker, so I'm happy about that, too.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    What an awesome way to enjoy shooting without breaking the bank on ammo expense!

I like it, in fact, it might be a great way to introduce my oldest daughter to plinking.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The H&R top break was really, really fun to shoot. First shot hit high left, so I re-aimed and hit a 3" group.

I like that this comes with both cylinders - .22LR and .22 mag - so I can convert back and forth. Easy to do, too. Parts are readily available and cheap.

I do prefer the top break for ease of ejecting and loading vs. opening the gate and ejecting/loading one by one, but that's just being picky. And this one was cheaper than any H&R in good working order on gunbroker, so I'm happy about that, too.

Oh you should be happy about it, those top breaks have gotten out of sight lately. Last one I saw at a gunshow was $395, nice but not that nice.

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    What an awesome way to enjoy shooting without breaking the bank on ammo expense!

Exactly! My .25 just about kills me in ammo prices (though I did pick up Fiocchi cheap for .25 today) and the .45 ain't exactly cheap (but I bought 500 rounds from Georgia Arms for $170 so I'm well-stocked there atm). But .22LR is CHEAP everywhere. I bought the 500 round brick for less than I can get 50 .25 rounds anywhere local and most places online. .22 mag isn't so cheap, but I'll shoot mostly .22LR anyway.

The 6.5" barrel is pretty danged accurate, good for new shooters, and with a .22, there's not much recoil at all. Not too heavy and the grips fit smaller hands fine.

Our friend didn't pay a whole lot for the H&R top break (if anything), nowhere close to what they go for on gunbroker (as you said, over $350 in not-so-good condition). So I'm happy to buy a new, regular gate-load revolver for under $260 out the door.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I just shot one of these for the first time a couple of weekends ago. Awesome little gun. Great price, too. On my short list.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Let me know how your Rough Rider shoots LeeAnn.

I've had one for a couple of years and depending on whether I have the .22lr or .22wmr in, it shoots either hi-left or lo-right. Weird ... It's like the cylinder registration is off or something.

It's still fun to shoot though, and if Kentucky windage is applied, I can hit the center ring on most shots.

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    Will do.

Does sound like cylinder registration. The H&R top break I shot hit high left as well. I'm not sure if that originally came with another cylinder as it only had the .22LR cylinder when he got it. Kentucky windage got me a 3" group with it, so I was happy :P

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    Since I mentioned it, I took a couple cell phone pics of the ammo.

CCI Mini-Mag 22 LR HP, Fiocchi 22wmag and Fiocchi 6.35 Browning, aka .25 ACP. The Fiocchi .25 is made in Italy; the Fiocchi .22 wmag is made in USA by ATK.

web.jpg

web-1.jpg

web-2.jpg

web-3.jpg

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    We like real stereo stuff, too, but I do feed to it from my computers...and that's there for when Sam wants to digitize an album (it's the go-between from the turntable to the Griffin iMic). He's got about 1000 albums, all odd-balls and imports and digitizes a couple here and there.

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    I do too. Nothing better than hearing two .45's discharging at the seame time; one in each hand.:D

:D

I only have one, though. Does firing a .45 and a 12 gauge at the same time count?

On another note, I'm sorry we missed meeting you. I didn't see your banner/sign when we were wandering around....me in light denim shirt and red dirt shirt hat, Sam in Toledo Mudhens shirt (and mustache) carrying a sweatshirt and his redhead daughter in glasses.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    :D

I only have one, though. Does firing a .45 and a 12 gauge at the same time count?

On another note, I'm sorry we missed meeting you. I didn't see your banner/sign when we were wandering around....me in light denim shirt and red dirt shirt hat, Sam in Toledo Mudhens shirt (and mustache) carrying a sweatshirt and his redhead daughter in glasses.

A .45 and 12 gauge? Doesn't count. The balance and harmonic dynamics would be so unsyncronized that the total harmonic distortion would be nothing short of catastrophic.

Catch ya' next time.

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    A .45 and 12 gauge? Doesn't count. The balance and harmonic dynamics would be so unsyncronized that the total harmonic distortion would be nothing short of catastrophic.

Catch ya' next time.

Dang. Sam has two .380s; how's that work?

We were hoping to at least say hi, but I guess I just didn't have enough coffee on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom