• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rex0915

Jul 26, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Just purchased a Surefire SOCOM 7.62 suppressor for my FN SCAR 17 from Engage. This is my first time doing any NFA paperwork just wanted to know if anyone had any tips and what I could expect in the future.:gun1:

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
      securedownload.jpg
      73 KB · Views: 452

Boonie Hat

Jan 2, 2013
    Baltimore County, MD, USA
    I remember a thread that walked you though purchasing and paperwork for NFA on here not too long ago. I can't seem to find it on search though. I'll keep looking, but in the meantime, does anyone have the link? OP, it would help you out

hishaun84

Designated MD Collector
    Oct 18, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Yeah, I submitted paperwork to MSP on 12 Dec and still haven't gotten my cards back to send to ATF yet... Things are über backed up.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Yeah, I submitted paperwork to MSP on 12 Dec and still haven't gotten my cards back to send to ATF yet... Things are über backed up.

Got my Form1 back from MSP yesterday. I dropped it off to them on Nov 30th. Strange that you haven't gotten yours back though. Some who dropped theirs off in January got theirs back already. Id bet you get yours back soon.

And to the OP. As for what to expect in the future, prepare to spend more money. It's just the beginning, lol. :lol:

And BTW, very nice purchase! Congrats!

Stormrider1961

Aug 16, 2011
    Laurel
    Congrats! very nice I'm doing the same thing for my Scar17.........now just settle in for a nice long wait...but it will be worth it

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Just purchased a Surefire SOCOM 7.62 suppressor for my FN SCAR 17 from Engage. This is my first time doing any NFA paperwork just wanted to know if anyone had any tips and what I could expect in the future.:gun1:

Looks nice. A word of advice: Don't trust Andy if he asks you to go into the back room to discuss a way to skip the NFA waiting period... and don't ask me how I know. :o

Just kidding. Enjoy your new purchase. And try to forget about it... it makes the wait go faster.

Rex0915

Jul 26, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Looks nice. A word of advice: Don't trust Andy if he asks you to go into the back room to discuss a way to skip the NFA waiting period... and don't ask me how I know. :o

Just kidding. Enjoy your new purchase. And try to forget about it... it makes the wait go faster.

Yeah he had a little trail of candy leading back there, I wasn't buying that shit

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Im about to buy a suppressor for my mosquito and Im gonan save the money and do it withotu a trust. From what I understand its a bit more work but saves you some money.

Rex0915

Jul 26, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Went and did the fingerprinting this morning and dropped off the info to the state police. Wow that fingerprint place in reisterstown road plaza is a place to see.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    From what I understand its a bit more work but saves you some money.

If you're only getting one or two NFA items ever, sure, it'll probably be cheaper.

If you're going to, say, SBR a couple AR lowers, maybe build one or three SBR AK's, maybe cut down a shotgun, etc. etc., a trust is more economically sound (not to mention not spending time getting fingerprinted, photos, CLEO signoff, etc.).

Being active duty, the threat of deployment or PCS to a non-NFA friendly state is always looming. Having a trust so I don't have to buy a second safe to which nobody knows the combo (or safe deposit box) means I can leave the NFA stuff as is at the house for a deployment, or add a friend or three on the trust I know and trust with the items, and then leave them with them if I get PCS orders until I can get back and take possession to go with me to a friendly state.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I must be the only person to have ever had a good experience at the aforementioned fingerprinting place in Resisterstown... I walked in, signed in, found a seat, and by the time I pulled out my phone to check my email or whatever my name was being called. Must have been there 5 minutes tops.

But I could tell it was probably much like the MVA on its best days lol. Congrats on the can, OP. You're doing it right. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA

You can expect to want a lot more nfa items in the near future.

Where is this Engage place?

zich6

Apr 10, 2012
    Germantown
    I second the trust recommendation for numerous buys. The break even point for what I paid for the trust is around 6 items. Then there's the time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom