• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    Where did you google those pictures from? No foot, didn't happen. Kidding nice rifle.....if in fact it is your rifle......

jti424

Dec 29, 2013
    Sorry if this is a dead beat question.... Is bull barrel similar to HBAR? Both being legal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    Optics: Saving for an ACOG
    Phone: :P Not a flip phone, windows phone :P
    Barrel; http://www.shop.dezarms.com/product.sc?productId=126&categoryId=27
    Upper: Tactical Ambush
    Lower: Anderson
    Trigger: Stock, until I save enough to get a CMC Trigger
    Rail: Rebel Arms
    BCG: Nothing special, again saving for a Sharps Relibolt BCG.
    Rifle weighs over 10 lbs already without any optics :P I actually took the bolt and charging handle off my .300 blackout upper. :)

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Optics: Saving for an ACOG
    Phone: :P Not a flip phone, windows phone :P
    Barrel; http://www.shop.dezarms.com/product.sc?productId=126&categoryId=27
    Upper: Tactical Ambush
    Lower: Anderson
    Trigger: Stock, until I save enough to get a CMC Trigger
    Rail: Rebel Arms
    BCG: Nothing special, again saving for a Sharps Relibolt BCG.
    Rifle weighs over 10 lbs already without any optics :P I actually took the bolt and charging handle off my .300 blackout upper. :)

You are complaining about the weight of that rifle? I built one like yours, but it comes in around 12 +/- pounds as it is now. It is a trade off, weight v accuracy.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Nice rifle and good job.I like it.

If that will live its life as a bench gun you may see improvements with a CMC or similar pack type trigger, but they are not reliable. If they get fouled bad the toleances wont allow the rifle to work. They are also single stage which makes breaking the shot a little more unpredictable compared to a 2 stage IMO. Many box triggers won't reliably ignite hard primered military ammo. They even say not to use it on 5.45 guns on their website.

What many people don't realize is many aftermarket triggers and lightened hammer springs actually reduce the consistency of the AR due to inconsistent lock times. The CMC claims faster lock time so my comments may not apply. The lock time in the AR lies in the speed of the Hammer, not a lightened firing pin like many think. Lightened springs will cause stringing. The Army Marksmanship Unit discovered this with aftermarket triggers. The speed of a hammer is more important than a light trigger pull in an AR. Unless its changed, they use Geissele Triggers because they actually speed up lock time and provide reliable ignition and a predictable break.

I would wait on the reliabolt. There were breakage issues with them and they offer no reliability improvement features in my opinion. Save it for optics, a reliable 2 stage trigger, or ammo IMO.

Its a really nice rifle. Please understand Im only offering advice. If you choose to ignore it disagree, no hard feelings.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Nice rifle and good job.I like it.

If that will live its life as a bench gun you may see improvements with a CMC or similar pack type trigger, but they are not reliable. If they get fouled bad the toleances wont allow the rifle to work. They are also single stage which makes breaking the shot a little more unpredictable compared to a 2 stage IMO. Many box triggers won't reliably ignite hard primered military ammo. They even say not to use it on 5.45 guns on their website.

What many people don't realize is many aftermarket triggers and lightened hammer springs actually reduce the consistency of the AR due to inconsistent lock times. The CMC claims faster lock time so my comments may not apply. The lock time in the AR lies in the speed of the Hammer, not a lightened firing pin like many think. Lightened springs will cause stringing. The Army Marksmanship Unit discovered this with aftermarket triggers. The speed of a hammer is more important than a light trigger pull in an AR. Unless its changed, they use Geissele Triggers because they actually speed up lock time and provide reliable ignition and a predictable break.

I would wait on the reliabolt. There were breakage issues with them and they offer no reliability improvement features in my opinion. Save it for optics, a reliable 2 stage trigger, or ammo IMO.

Its a really nice rifle. Please understand Im only offering advice. If you choose to ignore it disagree, no hard feelings.

Excellent post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom