• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    New magnifier and replaced loud brake with flash hider.
    IMG_2778_redacted.jpg
    IMG_2779.JPG

Last edited:

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    How’d I miss that! Do you like it? I’ve definitely thought about that, though it may complicate interchangeability with my shared 9mm upper
    The Enhanced LMT BCG nearly eliminates blowback into my face, while improving dwell time. That coupled with the gauged gas tube and A5 VLTOR buffer tube eliminates recoil, making follow up shots seamless.

I am not sure if it would work with a shared 9MM upper.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Pre rattle can job. Going for a Blood Diamond clone. I just need to add a light.

PSA 10.5” barrel with a Rock River A2 upper and PSA lower.

IMG_0643.jpeg

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    GAU-5A commando clone. I got the fake moderator for fun, but I will most likely use a real can. I like slick-side; don't need no forward assist or red dot for that matter! The Calico Jack emblem is on the dust cover :)

IMG_2792_redacted.jpg

IMG_2791.JPG
    IMG_2790.JPEG

VRC Racing

MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2009
    Ijamsville
    My MK18 Mod 1 clone. Colt M4A1 lower Daniel Defense MK 18 upper. I'm not happy with the pistol grip color, KAC grip on back order. Tax stamp arrived in this mornings emails.
    small DSB_1487.jpg
    small DSB_1489.jpg

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Sorry not a picture, but an NFA question. Just got a Form 4 back for an AOW. It appears to be approved as an AOW, I paid $5, but they put a $200 blue stamp on it. Not sure if I should follow up or just let it be. Wondering if it causes trouble when I try and transfer it in the future.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sorry not a picture, but an NFA question. Just got a Form 4 back for an AOW. It appears to be approved as an AOW, I paid $5, but they put a $200 blue stamp on it. Not sure if I should follow up or just let it be. Wondering if it causes trouble when I try and transfer it in the future.
    Odd. I’d bet if you try to sell it with the $200 stamp, it will need transferred with the $200 stamp. IANAL,AGD,ATFA…..

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    The whole AOW thing is foggy as shit. None of it makes sense.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 20-06-27 Firearms Guide - Identification of Firearms - Section 9 Bure...png

Above is from the ATF site.

I have never been able to find an AOW stamp. It's either going to be a form4 or a form1, dependent upon whether to make one or transfer one.

From what I am reading, the transfer of an AOW should be $200+$5

But, from what you are saying, it is only $5

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The whole AOW thing is foggy as shit. None of it makes sense.

View attachment 444256
    Above is from the ATF site.

I have never been able to find an AOW stamp. It's either going to be a form4 or a form1, dependent upon whether to make one or transfer one.

From what I am reading, the transfer of an AOW should be $200+$5

But, from what you are saying, it is only $5
    I think it is 200 to manufacture in a form 1, but transfer on a form 4 is only 5 bucks.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    NOTE: When creating a new AOW on a Form 1, you must pay the full $200 tax. The $5 tax only applies when purchasing/transferring an existing AOW. Ideally, to ensure 100% that you are following legal requirements, do not purchase or manufacture any components until after you receive approval and your tax stamp

I get that, but Doctor_M was asking why the stamp says $200? Is it because the stamp applies to the the original weapon making?

Last edited:

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    The mystery to me has always been the vertical foregrip on an AOW. I've never been able to find where it says what is required to do that. I finally found my answer:

Am I required to register my pistol if I want to put a vertical fore grip on it?​

The firearm must be registered because such a firearm constitutes “any other weapon” (AOW) as defined in the National Firearms Act (NFA) at 26 U.S.C. § 5845(e).
    To lawfully add a vertical fore grip to a handgun, a person must submit an ATF Form 1, Application to Make and Register a Firearm along with a fingerprint card bearing the applicant’s fingerprints, a photograph, and $200 making tax. An applicant’s ATF Form 1 will be approved if the applicant is not prohibited from possessing a firearm under federal, state, or local law, and the applicant’s possession of AOW is not prohibited in the applicant’s state of residence. An applicant may only add a vertical fore grip to the handgun designated on his/her Form 1 only after the applicant’s Form 1 is approved by ATF.
    [26 U.S.C. § 5845(e)]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom