• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fargo007

Mar 1, 2011
    Hi guys,

Haven't posted here in a long time but wanted to plug a match and mover practice session we are doing.

http://nhrpc.org/event-2058564?CalendarViewType=1&SelectedDate=11/1/2015

The match will be the same rollicking good time you have become accustomed to. After the match we are going to conduct a guided mover practice.

We will use wide mover targets on sticks. They will have a left, center and right area defined. After the single direction pass, you will get feedback as to how many of your ten shots landed in each target area so you can increase or back down your lead on the next round.

This is $10 extra for guests, free for club members. This is totally worth it, especially if you've been burned by movers a few times in matches. I anticipate everyone will get to shoot four rounds of movers MINIMUM. We will take turns walking them for each other in relays.

Here's some (experimental grade) through the spotty video of the last match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgEuZ-TjDak

Lennyo3034

Feb 28, 2011
    I filled out the form in the link. Just asked for name, experience, and caliber. Is there anything else I need to do?

Tstras

Not a Junior Member
    Jan 16, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I filled out the form in the link. Just asked for name, experience, and caliber. Is there anything else I need to do?

I don't want to speak for Fargo, but that's generally it. No email conformation or anything like that. Now just show up at the appropriate time and place ready to shoot and have fun.:party29:

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    I've never been to one of these.
    Are they more suited semi auto rifles or bolt guns and what do I need to know to prepare for one?

Tstras

Not a Junior Member
    Jan 16, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I've never been to one of these.
    Are they more suited semi auto rifles or bolt guns and what do I need to know to prepare for one?

These types of matches are relatively informal. They are not apart of a series and generally is no prize table. These are a great way to get started in Precision Rifle Series (PRS) type matches. There will be a lot of people willing to help out the new guy so don't worry about being "that guy", we were all there once.

The only thing you really need is a scoped rifle capable of about 1 MOA or less, ammo, data for your drops out to 700 yards, a empty camber indicator (ECI), rear bag, and be able to handle your rifle in a safe manor. There's a bunch of other stuff people bring but the above list is the basics.

I wouldn't say these matches are geared toward a semi or bolt gun. The Match Directors do an excellent job mixing up the stages so one is not favored more then the other. As someone who's shot both in matches, I'd say shoot which ever one your more conformable with. Try both and see what works for you.

Unfortunately it looks like this match is now full, but if you're interested in this type of shooting and have the basic equipment listed above, I highly encourage you to come out and shoot at the next match. These are great people putting on these matches and very welcoming to new shooters. We are very fortunate to have these type of matches being put on in this area, please take advantage of them.

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    New Holland is only a about a 45 minute ride for me so I might just take a ride up and spectate.

I normally shoot F-class or BR but these have always sounded very interesting and I wanted to have a look see.

Tstras

Not a Junior Member
    Jan 16, 2010
    Harford Co.
    New Holland is only a about a 45 minute ride for me so I might just take a ride up and spectate.

I normally shoot F-class or BR but these have always sounded very interesting and I wanted to have a look see.

If you come up to spectate, bring your equipment just in case someone doesn't show or they may just let you shoot anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom