• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    Anyone every have this issue here? I have various handguns, never had an issue. HQL no problems. Went to Dicks sporting goods to purchase a shotgun on Tuesday, got a delay in the NICS, I called them today, still delayed.

I know they have a policy they won't release after the 3 days. I figure if I haven't back tomorrow, i think I am going elsewhere. Any thoughts on this?

-David

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Sounds from what you say like maybe someone with a similar name to you may have gotten in trouble since your last purchase. I have a feeling you'll hear something tomorrow. Usually NICS will scramble to get everything resolved before the three days is up. If it gets to be a repeat problem I would contact NICS about getting a unique ID number from them. Which they will do so you don't go through this every time.

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    Thanks man. I did some digging and found similar answers to that. On a side note, my first name is common but middle and last are very unique.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Sounds from what you say like maybe someone with a similar name to you may have gotten in trouble since your last purchase. I have a feeling you'll hear something tomorrow. Usually NICS will scramble to get everything resolved before the three days is up. If it gets to be a repeat problem I would contact NICS about getting a unique ID number from them. Which they will do so you don't go through this every time.

+1 :thumbsup:

FWIW, we (at Scott's Gunsmithing) have occasionally had someone who was a regular customer who usually went right through suddenly hit a Delay then no problem next time they buy. When people have repeated problems, the Unique ID will solve it. We have one customer who was delayed every time for several purchases. His son, the same name (but a Jr) had felony drug arrest....and even showed his parents address as a previous address. The unique ID cleared up his issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom