• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    My sister calls me this morning to ask how to apply for a Md carry permit. Last night my niece was robbed while delivering pizza on the eastern shore.

MSP trooper tells her she should apply for permit to protect herself while working.:rolleyes:

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    First thing I told her is talk to employer about company policy. It'd be a pisser if my 22yr old niece could get a permit. I'd get a part time job at papa johns quick.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    It was a setup from go. When she first went to house, no one answered door. Guy calls back asking where's my pizza, she returns and he comes out of shadows with a gun when she shows up.

He put his hand on the car, it's being fingerprinted today, hopefully they get him.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    It was a setup from go. When she first went to house, no one answered door. Guy calls back asking where's my pizza, she returns and he comes out of shadows with a gun when she shows up.

He put his hand on the car, it's being fingerprinted today, hopefully they get him.

Lets hope he has a HQL so they can match the prints!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Work mate got robbed at knife point delivering pizza. After that my deliveries had more than a pizza in the red bag..:innocent0

I can't imagine any retail chain of pizza delivery places signing off on a ccw.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    All the big chains have policies against their drivers carrying anything while working. They don't want the liability.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    All the big chains have policies against their drivers carrying anything while working. They don't want the liability.

Well, the only time you should get caught carrying is when you use your ccw for self defense. Imagine the terrible publicity for firing someone who was robbed and assaulted while working for you. Even if they did fire you, who cares? You're alive to find another crappy job.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

But it's okay for their work force to take the liability... :mad54:

What would happen if all of their drivers staged a walk off and refused to deliver until their lives were considered to be of value?

ih23

Dec 13, 2009
    Rockville, MD

I'd possibly carry it anyways, or at least keep it in my car, and use it only as a last resort if necessary.

While I have heard of a couple incidents where employees get fired for using a lawfully owned gun in self defence at work, the majority of such incidents I've heard about on the news don't end up with a fired employee. Possibly a verbal reprimand.

As for applying for a permit. I'd present the police report, inform them that she used her personal vehicle and may now be personally identifiable by the perpetrator, especially if the thief got a glimpse of her license plate, and that she will keep working in the same area, thus a real danger is present to her safety.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I'd possibly carry it anyways, or at least keep it in my car, and use it only as a last resort if necessary.

While I have heard of a couple incidents where employees get fired for using a lawfully owned gun in self defence at work, the majority of such incidents I've heard about on the news don't end up with a fired employee. Possibly a verbal reprimand.

As for applying for a permit. I'd present the police report, inform them that she used her personal vehicle and may now be personally identifiable by the perpetrator, especially if the thief got a glimpse of her license plate, and that she will keep working in the same area, thus a real danger is present to her safety.

Beat me to it. Now she has a documented threat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom