• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    My niece went to Valley Guns in WV to see which handgun to buy since she could try them out there and buy, ship to FFL in MD. She got to hold 2 guns before it was discovered she was from Maryland and then they wanted nothing to do with her. They refused to deal with her and her FFL because she was from Maryland! Even though they are close we will not be supporting them ever again. Gonna have to send her on a trip to an industry partner. She is a lefty and was quite fond of the Ruger SR40c in black nitride #3479. If anyone has one in stock I'm sure she would be happy to make the trip from Brunswick MD.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    I think it would just be easier if gun shops would just put up a sign that says ' no Marylanders allowed",then maybe the aclu would get involved.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I have always had a good experience whenever I went to valley guns II even though they knew I was from md. Although I haven't been there since the new laws.

Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    the way the whole situation was handled really bothered me. She was looking at a S&W M&P 40C, 10 round pistol. while they were talking he discovered she was from MD and took the gun from her hands and said "I can't help you" and that WV is a free state and walked away. She did like the M&P and the SR40c she looked at. I'm sending her to Hafer's to make the transaction at one of our industry partners, their loss.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    the way the whole situation was handled really bothered me. She was looking at a S&W M&P 40C, 10 round pistol. while they were talking he discovered she was from MD and took the gun from her hands and said "I can't help you" and that WV is a free state and walked away. She did like the M&P and the SR40c she looked at. I'm sending her to Hafer's to make the transaction at one of our industry partners, their loss.

I think that's the best way to handle it. Money talks. If they make enough money off of their local buyers that they can blow off MD customers then good for them. If not then threads like this will eventually start to hurt them and they'll either change or go out of business.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I've bought rifle and ammo from them before. Not only no problems , but very friendly.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Some of the people working there are dicks. I only talk to 3-4 out of like 10 people there if I need something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom