• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I am in the market for a rifle scope for my Howa 308 and 2 AR-10s. I was scrolling through midwayusa and came across a blemished Nikon Black X1000 Scope 6-24 scope. Does anyone have experience with these? It seemed like a very good price for a 6-24 scope. Even the non-blemish price doesnt seem hateful.

What other options are there in the $600-800 price range? I would like to use these rifles for longer range shooting. I havent done any shooting past 100 yd due to the limitations of my local range, but would like to start getting into some longer range shooting after I graduate at the end of the semester.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/367418/nikon-black-x1000-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-6-24x-50mm-side-focus-illuminated-x-moa-reticle-matte-blemished

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    My friend has one and likes it a lot.

If you're a vet/first responder, you can also get a Vortex PST in that range.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011

My brother-in-law is a vet and is in the market for a scope too. How does he go about getting that discounted price?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Oh thats pretty sweet. Im going over to his house tomorrow. I will see if he can set up an account.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I have one on my Remington 700 in 308. It has served me well for the past couple of years. Glass is better than I expected. The Nikon ballistic app is a great companion for this scope. It is on the money when sighting it in.

Attachments

• 0D40AB94-13AE-419E-8219-A14D0FFBAE2A.jpg
      0D40AB94-13AE-419E-8219-A14D0FFBAE2A.jpg
      117.7 KB · Views: 325

Cuttyfunk

Dec 17, 2015
    I like my pst better than my fx1000. The fx is a good scope but the CA is definitely noticeable. I have seen some pst II down in the $800 range.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Not really responding your post just figured I’d add this. There are obviously other versions but just showing the general price.

They usually charge $10 for shipping.

Here’s the main thing to know about ExpertVoice. They are a middleman offering discounts to first responders, if you need this item in a week for a match, that website ain’t your place!!!! If you can wait a month no biggie, they are great. My Spac2 took over a month but i got a good deal so i didn’t mind the wait. I think Vortex has a cap at 5 optics every 365. They used to have Leupold which was 2 scopes a year.

Attachments

• 2AA2336C-DFA1-4BA0-9354-B974F85FE374.jpg
      2AA2336C-DFA1-4BA0-9354-B974F85FE374.jpg
      25.3 KB · Views: 208

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Not really responding your post just figured I’d add this. There are obviously other versions but just showing the general price.

They usually charge $10 for shipping.

Here’s the main thing to know about ExpertVoice. They are a middleman offering discounts to first responders, if you need this item in a week for a match, that website ain’t your place!!!! If you can wait a month no biggie, they are great. My Spac2 took over a month but i got a good deal so i didn’t mind the wait. I think Vortex has a cap at 5 optics every 365. They used to have Leupold which was 2 scopes a year.

Did it take a month to ship or do they only have certain models available at any given time? Definitely wouldnt mind waiting for the amount of money that would be saved.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Did it take a month to ship or do they only have certain models available at any given time? Definitely wouldnt mind waiting for the amount of money that would be saved.

It’s cuz they are a middleman you order from them they order from vortex. As a customer getting a discount your low priority so companies get priority first. Still a good deal on most items but everything I’ve ordered from Vortex has taken about a month. Other companies are much quicker. SOG from order to door has always been about a week from ExpertVoice but again Vortex has always taken about a month.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Makes sense. Thanks for the info on this!

ExpertVoice also has bushnell, zeiss, and Hi-Lux for optics. They used to have Leupod and Nikon but i dunno what happened. They still list Nikon as an endorsed company so it could be my mobile device wasn’t able to figure out how to unlock it. As mentioned most companies require you to “unlock” them via dumb easy tests under the assumption they think you’ll promote for them.

For your BIL it’s worth the free sign up there are like 300 companies offering discounts. Everything from 5.11, proper, rebel fishing lures, energy bars, tents, kayaks, inflatable motor boats, slack lines, freaking everything.

Last tip, ExpertVoice isn’t always the cheapest so ensure you look at multiple sources before buying a product there but I’ve never found Vortex cheaper than on ExpertVoice.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    ExpertVoice also has bushnell, zeiss, and Hi-Lux for optics. They used to have Leupod and Nikon but i dunno what happened. They still list Nikon as an endorsed company so it could be my mobile device wasn’t able to figure out how to unlock it. As mentioned most companies require you to “unlock” them via dumb easy tests under the assumption they think you’ll promote for them.

For your BIL it’s worth the free sign up there are like 300 companies offering discounts. Everything from 5.11, proper, rebel fishing lures, energy bars, tents, kayaks, inflatable motor boats, slack lines, freaking everything.

Last tip, ExpertVoice isn’t always the cheapest so ensure you look at multiple sources before buying a product there but I’ve never found Vortex cheaper than on ExpertVoice.

Thanks for posting this. I signed up years ago when it was Expertcity, and I always forget to check for discounts. I need to purchase a scope soon and if Vortex is offering 40% off, that seals the deal. :thumbsup:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thanks for posting this. I signed up years ago when it was Expertcity, and I always forget to check for discounts. I need to purchase a scope soon and if Vortex is offering 40% off, that seals the deal. :thumbsup:

It’s 40% of MSRP still pays to shop around. You probably at this point have to resign up. I log in once a month so i don’t have to submit my badge and ID again. It only takes like 2 days but still a mini pain.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Just signed up to govx.com and their prices are no different than Amazon.

MSRP is an inflated number to go off of.

Depends. Apparently Oakley is great pricing on there but since we were discussing Vortex only gives discounts to their sub categories via ExpertVoice.

But yes MSRP is clearly an inflated made up number unless it’s a kel tec lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom