NJ Lawmaker rips magazine ban to shreds!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    That was wonderful. Its so simple....I don't see a rational argument against his, yet so many politicians are on board with it. Its disgusting.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Excellent summary. This NJ Legislator's floor presentation would be equally appropriate on the floor of the MD General Assembly. I am not a huge Christie fan, but if this Bill passes in NJ and Christie doesn't promptly veto it he is absolute toast.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Maybe this should be sent to the Pro 281 GA members.

Not that it would provoke any rational thought on their part

They all operate on orders from on high. No amount of logic or appeal will change their minds. Their campaign funds come from the party they ascribe to and their votes are dictated as such.

However... At this point in time, they simply realize giving the minority party and general public the opportunity to bristle and complain must be endured and so they tolerate it by ignoring them, reading email, chatting with each other, or leaving the room for other "pressing matters". There will come a day (maybe soon) when they decide not to even hold public hearings. Their creativity in disregarding the people was on full display this year in the Maryland General Assembly during the two gun bill days.

I have to hand it to the guy who just said "we'll listen to your testimony after we vote". At least he was telling the truth because we all know the votes are already decided before the bill even gets assigned to a committee... And the decision as to whether they will even bring it to a vote.

The only way to change things at this point is to get at least a few of them out of office to demonstrate what happens when they stop listening to the people and break their "solemn oath" to the constitution they took to get in that chair.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Mike Carroll has been awesome from day 1. He has always introduced the "citizens protection act" every legislative term. This bill would revamp NJ's carry laws to make it similar to Florida or Arizona.

He leans more libertarian as he is now cosponsoring a bill to legalize marijuana for recreational use.

I would love to have him as Governor.

Oh, and ICYMI

Attachments

• ChrisChristieOnGuns.jpg
      ChrisChristieOnGuns.jpg
      98.8 KB · Views: 224
    Last edited:

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Excellent summary. This NJ Legislator's floor presentation would be equally appropriate on the floor of the MD General Assembly. I am not a huge Christie fan, but if this Bill passes in NJ and Christie doesn't promptly veto it he is absolute toast.

Agreed. I have no doubt Christie will at least conditional veto.

My prediction:

The 10 round bill (A2006) will die a slow death in the Senate, OR Christie will conditional veto it, to say that it must be amended to add the wording, "while committing a crime." SO if you own a magazine more than 10 rounds for legit purposes - hunting, target shooting, home defense, concealed carry etc no problem. But if you shoot up a school or rob a bank with a >10rd magazine, you're in a heap o' trouble.

The "reasonable deviations" bill will probably be conditional vetoed and only signed if it includes language to preserve judicial discretion.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Agreed. I have no doubt Christie will at least conditional veto.

My prediction:

The 10 round bill (A2006) will die a slow death in the Senate, OR Christie will conditional veto it, to say that it must be amended to add the wording, "while committing a crime." SO if you own a magazine more than 10 rounds for legit purposes - hunting, target shooting, home defense, concealed carry etc no problem. But if you shoot up a school or rob a bank with a >10rd magazine, you're in a heap o' trouble.

The "reasonable deviations" bill will probably be conditional vetoed and only signed if it includes language to preserve judicial discretion.
    That is a brilliant prediction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom