• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    What's their end game though?

You know they secretly have thought about doing this.

Did she do it too soon? Didn't use big enough bait?

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    Politics is a copy cat league. I think they are terrified this sort of thing will get used against them on something they care about.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Politics is a copy cat league. I think they are terrified this sort of thing will get used against them on something they care about.
    Nah, they know their opponents (us) have too much respect for the constitution to pull that crap. What they're worried about is that the lefty judges they rely on to give them cover for their slow-burn, constant nibbling erosion of adherence to the constitution can't possibly pretend that a move like the AZ governor's order is constitutional. They may lose at least some portion of the only method they have to keep their unconstitutional crap around for the years it takes to fully hash it out. Combine that with the fact that Trump/McConnell sat nearly 300 constitutionalist federal judges, and they know they have to keep their toxic crap on the down-low and local where it has cover. The governor stepped up into a bigger arena and the sun is shining on it. Can't have that. THAT is what scares them about this.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    This behavior will spill over into other rights.

"Sorry, Public Health Emergency. Elections will be delayed...but only for 30 days!"
    Weeks and months will pass or the opposition gets indicted and arrested for something...

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    The Governor was asked, "Do you think the criminals will obey the law"?? She said, and I paraphrase......... "Uh No, but this will entice the populace to report crimes".

WTH has gotten into people that think this way. I think Mrs. Ez is right. There's something in the food or water. This is some crazy $hit!!

Feb 28, 2013
    The Governor was asked, "Do you think the criminals will obey the law"?? She said, and I paraphrase......... "Uh No, but this will entice the populace to report crimes".

WTH has gotten into people that think this way. I think Mrs. Ez is right. There's something in the food or water. This is some crazy $hit!!
    Divide and conquer

Gotta turn the enemy... that is WE THE PEOPLE... against each other

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    This behavior will spill over into other rights.

"Sorry, Public Health Emergency. Elections will be delayed...but only for 30 days!"
    Weeks and months will pass or the opposition gets indicted and arrested for something...
    Trump is right. They're not just coming for him, they're coming for us!! Based on the accelerated rate of societal/political degradation in this country, I'd say the SHTF moment is most certainly 6 years or less away. ( considering there won't be an 'R' POTUS in '24 )

And, what will that moment look like? I think it looks like Russia today. Yes, you are free, some what. Free to marry, go to a restaurant of your choice, go to a park of your choice . BUT, if you lift ONE finger of political opposition to the current regime, you will go to jail.

Chauchat

Jan 16, 2014
    In the free States
    Like all things written by damn lawyers and politicians the devil is in the details.

-snip-
    New Mexico Health Secretary Patrick Allen signed a public health emergency order prohibiting anyone from possessing a firearm, either openly or concealed.

The order applies only within cities or counties that have an average of 1,000 or more violent crimes per 100,000 residents per year since 2021 and that have more than 90 firearm-related emergency room visits per 100,000 residents from July 2022 to June 2023.

As of Friday, that meant the order only applied to the city of Albuquerque and Bernalillo County, Lujan Grisham said.

The order also applies to state property, public schools and public parks.
    -end snip-

Then why didn't she just say it if it only applied to Albuquerque and Bernalillo County? Damn lawyers. All of them.

I think it would have been better to declare martial law and roll with it.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    At least she’s making some people happy….according to The Bee!

IMG_1547.jpeg

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Sounds like she takes her job seriously: 'No constitutional right, in my view, including my oath, is intended to be absolute.'

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The important question is: "Was anyone arrested for carrying?" My impression is that no one was.
    No one was arrested.

I would not be surprised if the protestors receive fines in the mail from the NM state police based upon the surveillance cameras.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The PD Chief , and DA have directly said they will not enforce . The Sheriff ( who spoke out first ) stopped just short of saying absolute no , but gave multiple reasons to not enforce .

Hypothetically, the Governor could issue a direct order to Superintendent of NMSP to enforce ( which would be an interesting behind doors conversation to be a fly on the wall ) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom