• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    We are not fighting a losing battle. We are winning a LOT. It takes time.

It's a challenge to seperate abstract knowledge from personal experience .

Intellectually , we are making leaps ahead on thw ground 8n 40 plus States .

But Maryland , New York , New Jersey , California . Conn and now New Mexico are taking Huge leaps backwards .

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Let's have a moment of non-emotional ranting here. The appointed Superintendent of the State Police said that his department would enforce it. Of course he said that, he wants to maintain his appointment.

Not a single Trooper made any attempt to enforce it.

Just like when Covid restrictions hit and The Montgomery County Executive said that MCPD would enforce these Covid restrictions and be demanding Covid vaccine cards and arresting people for violating. Of course the Chief said that MCPD would enforce those illegal orders, because the Chief wants to maintain his job.

Not a single Montgomery County Police Officer enforced any of those orders and arrested a single person on those trumped up laws.

I know it makes a certain portion of the users here feel all good and sexually satisfied to bash the police at every turn, but it's getting to be like the boy who cried wolf here...
    Thank you for making the point about the primacy of job security.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    NM State police say they will enforce this emergency proclamation.

Yes , politics rolls downhill . But I looked up the structure in New Mexico .

The Chief of NMSP is appointed by the Cabinet level NM Director of Public Safety , and confirmed by the NM Senate .

Chief Troy Weisler was appointed in June 2023 . 21 years with NMSP , his only LE Agency . 2 years as Deputy Chief .

And he's very proud of his Master's Degree in ....... Sustainability .

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Touched a nerve I see. Sorry for interjecting facts.
    Well I mean theres that whole they can ruin your life thing and they stated they would enforce this and ruin your life. So it seems like you want us to listen to cops except for you know the times that we are supposed to know they are bluffing. Then totally risk your life and lively hood.
    Must be nice to be in that club where you get constant exemptions and your friends can cover for you errr ummm have professional courtesy but most of us are not so when the police say they are going to do something we take them at thier word.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Well I mean theres that whole they can ruin your life thing and they stated they would enforce this and ruin your life. So it seems like you want us to listen to cops except for you know the times that we are supposed to know they are bluffing. Then totally risk your life and lively hood.
    Must be nice to be in that club where you get constant exemptions and your friends can cover for you errr ummm have professional courtesy but most of us are not so when the police say they are going to do something we take them at thier word.
    Except that not a single Trooper attempted to enforce this law. We are just extrapolating that the entire agency would enforce this rule, because the political head of the agency said they would. It is highly unlikely that it would be enforced by the actual ground troops, but that doesn't stop the typical agitators from condemning the entire agency. Condemn the political head, go after the Superintendent for his comments. He is on the record saying HE wants to violate the Constitution. But it's erroneous to attack the entire agency when none of them did anything.

Then I gave a SPECIFIC EXAMPLE of MCPD, the rhetoric of a political chief as opposed to the actions of the cop on the beat. The Chief said MCPD would enforce the draconian Covid restrictions, and not a single MCPD officer enforced them.

Cry all you want, I'm still going to interject FACTS.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Except that not a single Trooper attempted to enforce this law.
    Honestly, we do not know that for sure.

Were there behind the scenes investigations getting started by using facial recognition of the carry rallies?
    We may never know, unless a civil citation was mailed before the TRO...

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Honestly, we do not know that for sure.

Were there behind the scenes investigations getting started by using facial recognition of the carry rallies?
    We may never know, unless a civil citation was mailed before the TRO...
    You guys are doing a great job of reinforcing what I wrote. You have no evidence that any Trooper tried to enforce this, yet attack the entire agency. If facts change, my opinion will change. Running through life on emotions and feelings sounds exhausting.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    You guys are doing a great job of reinforcing what I wrote. You have no evidence that any Trooper tried to enforce this, yet attack the entire agency. If facts change, my opinion will change. Running through life on emotions and feelings sounds exhausting.
    There is no proof at all. Not even to claim your point either.

Any investigations that may have been started, would have since been dropped or put on hold.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Its not that any officer did enforce it. Its that any officer could enforce it. And the entire agency could enforce it by the chief's/super's own words.

As a law-abiding citizen, the threat of a life-altering arrest is very real.

That is logic, not emotion.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Touched a nerve I see. Sorry for interjecting facts.
    These were policies that were communicated from the respective top levels of these organizations. That's what the general public sees on TV, hears on the radio or reads online. What else is the general public supposed to believe? They don't have the inside baseball knowledge that you do on officer practices concerning enforcement.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The people running State Police departments all across the country say they will enforce laws and orders that they DO then have their troopers enforce. All day, every day.

How am I supposed to know when those same chiefs are - on one particular matter - lying? Just being arrested would destroy my profession. The head of a law enforcement agency says he’ll do it. Many of us aren’t professional gamblers because we can’t afford to be.

If all of the NM troopers knew for a fact that their boss was lying, where is even one of them with the personal integrity to say so out loud?

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    1. The law isn't being enforced, now, so there is nothing to worry about.

2. The law abrogating your rights is going to expire soon anyway, so there is nothing to worry about.

No, I don't think so.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Except that not a single Trooper attempted to enforce this law. We are just extrapolating that the entire agency would enforce this rule, because the political head of the agency said they would. It is highly unlikely that it would be enforced by the actual ground troops, but that doesn't stop the typical agitators from condemning the entire agency. Condemn the political head, go after the Superintendent for his comments. He is on the record saying HE wants to violate the Constitution. But it's erroneous to attack the entire agency when none of them did anything.

Then I gave a SPECIFIC EXAMPLE of MCPD, the rhetoric of a political chief as opposed to the actions of the cop on the beat. The Chief said MCPD would enforce the draconian Covid restrictions, and not a single MCPD officer enforced them.

I'm not attacking any officers who serve. I'm criticizing the respective leadership that you're specifically saying wants to keep their jobs rather than do what's constitutional.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I don't think the NM state police superintendent would have gotten fired for saying: 'we are in receipt of the public health order and we are consulting with the attorney generals office on how to proceed further.'

I don't know, from what I am hearing in this thread it's not an elected position like Sheriff, the state police superintendent is appointed by the Governor of NM, so in theory at least he serves at her pleasure and she could fire him if she got a bee in her bonnet.

That being said, it would be a terrible look.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore

You know you can always run into that one Trooper/cop that will enforce the crappy law.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Yes , politics rolls downhill . But I looked up the structure in New Mexico .

The Chief of NMSP is appointed by the Cabinet level NM Director of Public Safety , and confirmed by the NM Senate .

Chief Troy Weisler was appointed in June 2023 . 21 years with NMSP , his only LE Agency . 2 years as Deputy Chief .

And he's very proud of his Master's Degree in ....... Sustainability .

FWIW, if I am reading this correctly the current guy was appointed by the Guv.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Except that not a single Trooper attempted to enforce this law.
    I'll say this again:

How is the average citizen supposed to know this? We're not in the Superintendent's head. We don't know if he's serious about enforcement or simply preserving his job. We don't know which Troopers on the street are going to stuff people in the back of their patrol car and which ones are going to obey their oath by passive resistance by not arresting or fining people.

You are on the inside. You have a perspective on this that most of us don't have. The consequences of us guessing incorrectly could ruin our lives. When a top law enforcement official goes on national TV and says "We will enforce" how are we not supposed to take that at face value? We, the public, need to and deserve to know what the agency is really going to do, without playing mind-reading games or guessing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom