• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnnyu

Feb 21, 2013
    As Oct 1 looms, no fingerprint advisement has been given to the FFL's. Is this correct? Just asking.

I understand the NRA has been rattling the cage quite a bit here in Md. Good. Donate heavily.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    I don't understand your question.

FFLs will not do the fingerprinting or see the fingerprints.

Fingerprints are required to obtain a HQL from MSP. FFLs will make sure you have a HQL (or are exempt based on the short list of groups that are exempted) before transferring a handgun to you.

johnnyu

Feb 21, 2013
    There are Gun Shops that have not read it. Thats why my question was a question. You told me what I wanted to know. thnx.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Here's the instructions

1) find a dull rusted knife
    2) slit a body part
    3) draw blood for finger printing
    4) roll fingers on said blood
    5) print bloody finger on toilet paper..
    6) mail to msp..

Lol

For realz... nobody knows.. maybe electronic fingerprints like when you submit a conceal permit apps.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Bet there are plenty of MSP troopers who haven't bothered to read it either. They'll wait on management to educate them.

Mar 13, 2013
    Does it matter what it says?
    MSP will do what their masters tell them. The troopers will follow their orders. As proven by the 0600 door knocks for previously (and arguably still) legal guns.
    The gun shops will do what MSP tells them is necessary. Such as hold your property for as long as MSP wants them to hold it.
    The gun buyers will bitch and sit.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Being a new resident of VA, I've downloaded the application for CCW. I'm amazed that I don't have to do fingerprints for my CCW and that the application is sent to the Circuit Court not the State Police or the Sheriff. It is truly a different world in VA.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I spoke to a Frederick County Sheriff yesterday about getting fingerprinted now in anticipation of applying for my HQL. He said he would love to help me, but they do not have the codes yet for the HQL and so he cannot submit the livescan. He was very apologetic and added that if MSP continued with their current pace, they may not have the codes until sometime after 10/1. sad state of affairs.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Being a new resident of VA, I've downloaded the application for CCW. I'm amazed that I don't have to do fingerprints for my CCW and that the application is sent to the Circuit Court not the State Police or the Sheriff. It is truly a different world in VA.

You have to submit prints for a NR permit however.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    You have to submit prints for a NR permit however.
    That's what surprised me. I was going to get a NonResident (NR) VA permit when I lived in MD. I was anticipating having to get them for the Resident CCW too. I can't believe how straight forward the application is: it's like the federal form for a NICS check for a non regulated firearm purchase in MD, only simpler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom