No, Florida, bad! Legalizing warning shots is a stupid idea.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._1_self-defense-law-senate-panel-fire-warning

So because one woman got caught up in 10/20/Life rule (and I'm not convinced that case was as cut-and-dried as the MSM likes to present) you have to amend the SYG laws to allow for negligent discharges?

BAD FLORIDA. BAD. Did I wake up in bizarro world today? THIS IS NOT HOLLYWOOD. THIS IS STUPID. (Not shown: me kicking something into a pit.)

*Missing* is acceptable. Deliberately missing is another word for negligent discharge and breaks rule #4.

If you're firing a warning shot, what are you aiming at? I forsee some stupidity that happens 6mo after this has passed - some bystander gets hit by an ND and the shooter goes "well I wasn't tryin' ta hit nobody" but failed miserably and now the legislature has to explain why it was legal that some 6-year-old girl was killed.

More political grandstanding and reactionary crap to follow...

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Because admitting zero tolerance and mandatory sentence laws are stupid, unconstitutional, and should be repealed would mean the terrorists win:rolleyes: The bill says nothing about warning shots, basically replacing "use of force" with "use or threatening use of force" in the FL self defense statutes.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The bill says nothing about firing a warning shot. My take from it is that it is a defense to prosecution if you point, brandish, show, say you'll shoot, etc.....
    It does not list what constitutes "threatening to use deadly force", but I guarantee firing a warning shot is not one of them.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's a seperate conversation , but a "warning shot" is virtually always not a *Wise* thing to do, for multiple reasons.

But that has no relationship to the Bill in question.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Oh yes...bad, BAD law.

The law isn't bad. The article is because the bill says nothing about warning shots.
    The law is fine because it is saying that just "brandishing" or threatening to use deadly force in a deadly force situation is a defense to prosecution.
    Here in Maryland, doing that would probably land you in jail if you didn't actually shoot the threat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom