• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    With emphasis on low cost , Uncle Mike Sidekick actually makes a decent field holster for these.

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    Great buy and thanks for the tip on the C&R status. I was just telling a friend how one of main things I regretted not buying before HQLBS was a nice revolver in 357 mag.....

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Very nice. I was wondering if someone on MDS won it, haha. I wonder if anyone on MDS was bidding against you.

IT'S GO TIME, KEN.

eooy.jpg

62qi.jpg

Seriously, this dude totally overtalked the negatives on this one. the cylinder scratches are HARDLY noticeable and, given the obvious holster use evident on the left side of the fore-barrel (indicating a LOT of in-and-out action....if you know what I mean ;) ), amazing for it's minimalism. Granted, the hammer refinish is a bit sketch, but again, you'd never notice it if you weren't looking for it. This thing is beautiful.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Very nice!

I've already put 200 rounds of .38 Special cowboy loads through mine. I load a Cowboy #11 158gr slug from Missouri Bullet over 3.4gr of Trail Boss. It costs me $0.11 per round and other than a little bit at the forcing cone, does not lead the barrel.

Here's one on my watch list that I forgot to post. It's a bit nicer than the one I got, but it went for $100 more.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=399697784

FatMuscle

Aug 9, 2010
    La Plata
    Very Nice!

At that price I would have picked up another one to match my SBH .44Mag.

I have the original receipt from 1971 for $100 new!

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Nice, looks like a better deal than mine. Nicer condition for not much more. Did you check to see if it was made on or before this date in 1964?

Hmm. That's a good question. I don't think Ruger shipped consecutive serials and they're not doing letters. Probably no way to tell for certain. I'll have to see what I can dig up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom