• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I've just realized there doesn't seem to be a lot of love for H&K handguns on MDS. What does everyone think of them? Is it because they're pricey? Of course Glocks get a lot of love. (Not from me. Sorry, but they just don't feel good in my hand.) So does 1911's (rightfully so), CZ (On my short list), and Sig (On my list too).

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Have a HK USP .45 with the Match trigger and a few other mods. Love that gun, just gets pricey to stock up on mags. So it doesn't get exercised as much as other options in the stable.

That and I rest easier knowing that I rag out my M&P .45, which I do all the work on at home. The HK, I sent out to Dahlgren to have all the mods done because I didn't trust myself to do them.

Wolfshaker

Mar 3, 2009
    Cecil County
    I had a USP Tactical. I loved that gun. I really like the feel of the VP9 too. I heard early on that the VP9 didn't do too well on torture tests. Anybody know if they improved any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    I can't get past the mag release. That and the price tag mean I'd love to shoot yours. They do seem like quality machines though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I have a P2000SK 9mm and love it. I've also owned and sold a P30 (regretted selling it), a P30SK and a VP9. I personally love the trigger guard mag release.

Last edited:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Nothing wrong with H&K. They never achieved quite the same popularity with their pistols as they did with their service rifles and MP's but, H&K is solid. They're an acquired taste like everything else.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    H&K USP 45 here. Just upped the recoil spring to 16# to shoot some higher end .45Super/.450SMC out of it occasionally.
    Trying to justify the cost of a threaded barrel for it. I think once I get a suppressor, that decision will be easier.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I had a USP 45 years ago. It was an okay pistol. Never my favorite, so I sold it to buy something else. Had to try it, got it out of my system.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have an H&K 45CT. It's not as popular as some other firearms here because it costs a bit more.

You know Ford, Chevy, Rolls Royce stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom