• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I actually shot these for an informal match on another forum, but figured I'd post them here.
    The only difference is the power used. One is IMR 3031, the other a load giving the same velocity with IMR4895, which I'm switching to.

#1 a 96~1X 3 1/2" group

View attachment 373059

#2 another 96 1X but 3 3/4"

Marshyhope 5.jpg

The Hardware
    No2 Mk2 with Leatherwood ART II Camputer 600.
    DSCF4170.JPG

The venue, Marshyhope rod & gun. @ 100yds.
    DSCF4181.JPG
    Marshyhope 5.jpg

Last edited:

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    This is with the ART scope on the No4.
    The Central peep on the SMLE rocks though.
    The "correct" mounting screw is stuck in U.S. Customs in Cali right now.
    Mostly it was a difference in load between the IMR 3031 & the IMR 4895 I noticed!

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    What scope mount did you use on the no4? I've been looking at the accumounts but wasn't sure how good it was. I have the same art scope collecting dust. I was thinking of putting it on a m14 but I may try it on a few no4s to get some accuracy comparisons.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    In order:
    My mount is the "Fulton's of Bisley" One, the new ones have a full Picatinny Rail top end, mine is a little earlier than that.
    I'd have no problem with the "Accumount" either, its what I use on the No5 "Goobermint Model Sporter". The accumount top is shorter though, so if eye reliefe is an issue that might play in as well.
    We refrain from shooting the trap shooters, they're quite nice guys when you get to know them. If you accidntally (Gawd knows how you can be he that bad) shoot the trap house you get to go & sign the hole, while others are watching.
    I always fire 2 rounds "warming & fouling" before I shoot for score, old habits die hard. The first target has a slight vertical string to it, but not horribly so & I wasn't rushing a slow fire match so there were cooling breaks between strings. An old trick I still use is to rack the rifle bolt open, muzzle up, which uses convetcion to draw coolig air into the breech & out the muzzle when I go to mark, change, or score targets.

Last edited:

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    The new range is better than the old, which only had a single 25~200yd range & a bunch of 50 yd ones. This has multiple;e 25, 50, 75 100,200 & 300 ones.
    Scheduling prevents that but it does look odd I admit.

Last edited:

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    The "Omark" marked lever-lock screw for the Central on the Lithy SMLE arrived from 'Straliuh today
    Its so simple its brilliant!
    A one winged nut is spring loaded to engage a hex bolt head, to tighten/loosen you turn the lever which turns the bolt, clamping the sight! To reposition, you don't want it in your eye, just slip against the spring rotate in a circular section in the middle of the hex head, & let drop back to re engage in a different position!

DSCF0394.JPG
    DSCF0397.JPG
    DSCF0402.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom