• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I really like the way the boydes tacticool stocks look on the mk ii, but they're always on backorder, and seem unreasonably impossible to get.

So, anyone know of someone else that makes a stock for the heavy barrelled mk ii's that look roughly as good and aren't going to break the bank?

Kinda want to stick with the "tacticool" look for it, no offense to the all wood crowd.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Wondering the same thing. I called boyds yesterday and they said just order get it in a month... Not so sure about this.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    When I got my Tacticool they were in stock. But Ive heard of many who ordered them when they were out of stock and they ended up receiving them in about 3 weeks. Not that bad of a wait.

Theyre worth the wait:

IMAG0149.jpg

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    Very nice!

How's the barrel clearance? Any warping issues on the front end?

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I've had an MTR on order from Sharpshooter Supply since last October. Runs about $225. I don't suspect that's what you are looking for, but they were willing to set my LOP where I want it and it seems like all around one hell of a stock.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I have been on the rimfire forums a lot. Everyone seems to say the same thing. Ordered . It showed back ordered, received in three weeks. Never came across a horror story, long wait.

Or just buy the TR.. TRSR...or TRRSR. All will come with the tactical stock. Some say it is a Boyd's. Saves ya the time and money. The above Boyd's sure looks like mine on the TRSR.

2A may even still have one in stock just for you.

LongBow

Feb 19, 2009
    AA county
    I just received an e-mail from MidwayUSA that the unfinshed version is now in stock. Link

I was thinking about getting one, but ended up just putting add-ons so it would fit me. Not pretty, but it works.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I have been on the rimfire forums a lot. Everyone seems to say the same thing. Ordered . It showed back ordered, received in three weeks. Never came across a horror story, long wait.

Or just buy the TR.. TRSR...or TRRSR. All will come with the tactical stock. Some say it is a Boyd's. Saves ya the time and money. The above Boyd's sure looks like mine on the TRSR.

2A may even still have one in stock just for you.

The reason alot of people dont want the TRSR etc... is because they want the 16 inch barrel thats on the FV-SR. Then like me, they add the Boyds stock since the one that comes on the FV-SR is crap. I got exactly what I wanted in the end and paid less for it all than the TRSR costs.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    True.

But OP is asking about stocks. The shorter barrels are cool looking. No ballistic advantage to the extra length.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Yeah, I already have a fv-sr so no sense taking about getting a different model. I like the short, threaded barrel. It's a sweet shooter, stock just feels kinda meh.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Then order one up. You'll get 1 soon enough.

Id do the unfinished one though. Lots of tutorials on finishing stocks.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    True.

But OP is asking about stocks. The shorter barrels are cool looking. No ballistic advantage to the extra length.

The shorter barrel of the FV-SR was important not because of the look, but the length. I knew I'd be running it suppressed so with the 16 inch barrel it makes it more manageable with the suppressor attached.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Just used to handling bigger things...

And yes, a oppressor will really take this barrel to a silly length.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I do see a difference now. The top of the buttstock. Savage has it filled in. The Tacticool Boyd's have the notch....

Maybe just a way Savage and Boyd's kept their stuff special.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

Boyds' seems to really have their act together...

That is that they "make to order" & deliver quickly...

No excess inventory or unpaid bills for them...

It's the ideal situation for a Manufacturer of high quality products...

And their product seems like it is worth the 3 - 4 week wait, considering that nobody has them in stock anyway...

I'd order directly from them if it was me...

Here is a link to their web site:

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/TACT-SAV-93E-MKII-BBC-STK-BLK-p/600-430.htm

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Would this stock fit the Savage MII FVT? I have one that is set up with peep/apeture sites, wonder if the comb height will be right.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Yes. This is for the MkIIs. Visit their site. They have numerous styles.

The one alteration needed with this particular stock is with the bottom metal. Typically folks do the DIP upgrade anyhow and it will cone with the longer screws.

With minimal effort it would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom