• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • osu_peanuts

Jan 29, 2015
    Start off by saying we have just moved here and we are a military family and its very nice to meet everyone. Baltimore is a very unique city and we are still learning the area. With this in mind...

Anyone know of ranges and clubs that do not require NRA membership to be a member? Near the Baltimore area and a range which hosts Ranges 100 yards or more (.223 bolt action / .308 bolt action) and have fun events?
    Also to note we are willing to donate a NRA membership or pay an extra fee. Just we personally do not support their direction and leadership.

Please, if possible, do not get emotional and turn this into a NRA debate. NRA members are known to get emotional and give a million reasons why the NRA is fantastic. I understand and agree its a fantastic organization that most people love and adore.They do fight a good fight for our rights. But not everyone likes their direction and those people still fight and vote for our rights.

So with that in mind I look forward to this areas ideas and suggestions.
    Thanks for your help.

Peanut

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/index.html

The AGC has 100 yard range, 200 yard range, 50 yard pistol range , 4 trap fields and an archery range.

There are about 30 clubs that make up the AGC and you need to be a member of one of them to use the ranges.
    I believe that most require NRA membership (Mine does) but you can contact the various clubs and see what their requirements are.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I think all AGC clubs require NRA memberships. I seem to remember talk about proving some sort of pro 2a association, but I don't know where it went.
    If you just want to shoot, there are public ranges around.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    To join the AGC, you join any one of the associated clubs which share the range. There is tremendous variety. At least one club, I believe the Baltimore Rifle Club, exists mainly to provide access to the ranges. They have no club activities that I know of, and I think they have the lowest dues. If any club doesn't require NRA membership, it might be that one.

Another club, Marriottsville Muzzleloaders used to accept membership in the National Muzzleloading Rifle Association as an option to NRA membership. Note they are a muzzleloading club, and you should own a muzzleloader if you want to join.

Go to the AGC website, and look over the list of clubs. One might work for you.

That aside, I hope you will join and contribute to at least one 2A organization, perhaps SAF or another. If you only join one, please join Maryland Shall Issue.

And come to Annapolis this Tuesday!

osu_peanuts

Jan 29, 2015
    Our family is very grateful for all of your replies. This information is helpful when you are a new military family in an area. We do not know people or places so talking with locals is always the best solution if possible. But can be difficult for military families. Thank you.

Elk neck will work its a bit of a hike but thanks for that information for sure.

Thank you for the Associated list, I did contact one group out of that list, it requires a sponsor so we will see how that goes.

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    Baltimore rifle club does not require NRA membership,the club fee is $22 and the range badge fee is $150/year. To join you only have to attend a range walk through.

osu_peanuts

Jan 29, 2015
    Yes I did check Baltimore rifle club and you need a sponsor, So I am unsure how that process works and hopefully that will work because that place would work best for our location for sure.

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    The basic website is at www.baltimorerifleclub.com, it is an NRA affiliated club, which means it does not require members to join the NRA but has the option of participating in NRA activities. The members of BRC support the U.S. Constitution, including the right to freedom of association.

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    You don't need a sponsor,go to the Baltimore rifle club website and click on membership,you just print out two forms and email the listed club officer through the link,there is actually a walk through next Saturday 2/14. Everything you need is right on the membership page.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I am a member of the Berwyn Rod and Gun club in Bowie, MD. If you are south of baltimore it might not be too far of a drive. You can find more information at www.berwyn.org.

They do not have any NRA requirement.

denimdan85

Aug 12, 2014
    Hanover, PA
    You don't need a sponsor,go to the Baltimore rifle club website and click on membership,you just print out two forms and email the listed club officer through the link,there is actually a walk through next Saturday 2/14. Everything you need is right on the membership page.

I am looking to join a club as well and was looking at BRC. On the website however it says I have to join at the annual meeting, which has passed. So you are saying I just need to fill out the form and email them? No need to go to the meeting?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Start off by saying we have just moved here and we are a military family and its very nice to meet everyone. Baltimore is a very unique city and we are still learning the area. With this in mind...

Anyone know of ranges and clubs that do not require NRA membership to be a member? Near the Baltimore area and a range which hosts Ranges 100 yards or more (.223 bolt action / .308 bolt action) and have fun events?
    Also to note we are willing to donate a NRA membership or pay an extra fee. Just we personally do not support their direction and leadership.

Please, if possible, do not get emotional and turn this into a NRA debate. NRA members are known to get emotional and give a million reasons why the NRA is fantastic. I understand and agree its a fantastic organization that most people love and adore.They do fight a good fight for our rights. But not everyone likes their direction and those people still fight and vote for our rights.

So with that in mind I look forward to this areas ideas and suggestions.
    Thanks for your help.

Peanut

I only need one reason for why the NRA is fantastic. Chuck freakin' Norris.

Most clubs/organizations require an NRA membership. I don't think it will be easy for you to find one that does not require NRA membership. I think it might have to do with being covered by the NRA for insurance or support in some way.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I only need one reason for why the NRA is fantastic. Chuck freakin' Norris.

Most clubs/organizations require an NRA membership. I don't think it will be easy for you to find one that does not require NRA membership. I think it might have to do with being covered by the NRA for insurance or support in some way.

Wow, did you even read anything posted before you?

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    I am looking to join a club as well and was looking at BRC. On the website however it says I have to join at the annual meeting, which has passed. So you are saying I just need to fill out the form and email them? No need to go to the meeting?

They hold a walk through once a month,just hit the link,send an email and they will get to you with where and when,print out the pages and bring them to the walk through.

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    From what I understand BRC doesn't require members to be NRA members but there has to be an NRA member on the board.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I'm a member of Maryland Rifle Club and it does not require NRA membership. It's $30 per year and has no mandatory work days, etc. It requires a "sponsorship" (I use that term lightly). I have found the people who run the club to be great.

Regardless of which local club you join, the range badge at AGC is the same price. They do offer family badge packages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom