• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Don't laugh at me too hard...I shoot pistols 90% of the time and my experience with rifle systems is limited to ARs, Mosins, and rifles with scopes.

I'm having trouble figuring out my sight picture on my 10/22 Takedown. It has a large notch and then a small notch...which is deceiving. I saw the picture of the recommended sight picture somewhere but its black and white so the picture really doesn't make sense...you can't see where anything is.

Is the front sight supposed to be centered, and even with the UPPER notch, or is it supposed to be centered and even within the LOWER notch?

I think once I figure that out, the target is supposed to be directly above the front sight post, as in an AR front notch, and not covered, as in pistol sights (unless the pistol is set up for a 6 oclock hold.)

It seems to me that the obvious answer is centered, even with the top of the sight...but then I'm confused as to the purpose of the smaller notch.

Ty :innocent0

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    how do you like the Takedown?? its neat concept!

I like it. The Papoose and the AR-7 didn't appeal to me like this did. It's awesome. I haven't put a scope on it yet to check for repeatability...but I imagine it will be fine. The knob that adjusts how tight the two pieces fit together sealed the deal for me since when it eventually loosens I can just tighten it up again, unlike other takedown guns.

I heard some people talking about repeating zero with iron sights...I was sort of at a loss. That doesn't make sense to me. Both the front and rear sight are on the barrel...how could the gun not return to zero? Doesn't make sense to me but maybe I'm missing something.

I put around 170 rounds through it...CCI minimags and Federal bulk. No failures of any kind.

BX-25 mags were icing on the cake :-)

So was the very nice bag that it came with.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    I like it. The Papoose and the AR-7 didn't appeal to me like this did. It's awesome. I haven't put a scope on it yet to check for repeatability...but I imagine it will be fine. The knob that adjusts how tight the two pieces fit together sealed the deal for me since when it eventually loosens I can just tighten it up again, unlike other takedown guns.

I heard some people talking about repeating zero with iron sights...I was sort of at a loss. That doesn't make sense to me. Both the front and rear sight are on the barrel...how could the gun not return to zero? Doesn't make sense to me but maybe I'm missing something.

I put around 170 rounds through it...CCI minimags and Federal bulk. No failures of any kind.

BX-25 mags were icing on the cake :-)

So was the very nice bag that it came with.

Loosen up your tension nut enough and you'll see how easy it is to get some really inconsistent shooting. :sad20:

I, probably like you, read the manual first and tightening the tension nut properly was step one. :)

Your analysis of the sights really doesn't matter too much as long as you pick one for consistency and stick with it, y'know? :thumbsup:

coynedogg

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2012
    UR2PC4ME
    Are you talking about these? If so, 'lower notch'.

In this picture what I am guessing you are refering to as the 'lower notch' is the metal insert which adjustable for elevation and serves as the rear sight. Fill the rear sight with the front sight until the top of the front sight is level with the top of the rear sight. The bullet should impact at the top of the rear sight if its centered correctly. The "upper notch" is not the rear sight at all, just the base it is attached to.

415cqWpzCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

20060830_1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom