• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    I'm looking to meet some members, so I can get sponsored. Could somebody please steer me in the right direction? Is there a good range event that I could volunteer my time for coming up?

B.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Try the website here:
    http://nargc.com/
    They have a calendar posted there so you can check out all the events & see which one you think would suit you best.
    You have a year to do the service part of the admission after you join so there should be plenty of opportunity.
    PM me with times & dates you are available & I'll be glad to meet with you there & help you get started out.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Quit trolling my posts. He asked a question & I answered it as asked.

OK so you don't like em, we got it. Start your own thread & quit dumping on mine every time.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Opinions vary....that's the spice of life.

As long as we keep it civil, no problems with offering different opinions.

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Im also a former member. The club is decent. Also has some nice function for families and couples. Range is decent also. Alot depends on who's shooting next to you. Most people are pretty nice. Sometimes you may get a unpleasnt guy next to you.

Its all in what you are looking for. I was a member for 2 years and it wasnt for me.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    While I am not a member I have taught a class at their facility. Everyone I met was friendly and welcoming, we scheduled another class right away. I will pull the contact info for a few of the members and PM it to you. Mdeng

North American, $100.00 "assessment fee" every year plus dues with no explanation, another $100.00 initiation fee. Full bar, cafeteria, decent range, but only 100 yards, handgun range next to rifle range. This means every time someone has to go downrange, both ranges cease fire.

IWLA, initial fee $100.00 plus $70.00 for non-seniors, after that only $70.00 dues every year. Seniors over 60 much less. 200 yard range, 100 yard range, SEPARATE handgun range, indoor .22 range, full archery ranges, NO BAR, NO CAFETERIA, a true shooter's range, not a country club.

ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    While I am not a member I have taught a class at their facility. Everyone I met was friendly and welcoming, we scheduled another class right away. I will pull the contact info for a few of the members and PM it to you. Mdeng

Yes I took your last class there, you and I talked about MSI. I was there with girlfriend. Great Class...still waiting for my permit.

B

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Yes I took your last class there, you and I talked about MSI. I was there with girlfriend. Great Class...still waiting for my permit. B
    I'll get you in touch with Sonny, he was my point of contact with the club. His contact info will be sent by PM when I get back to the office. If you still have the reminder email I sent before the class his phone number is in it. Mdeng

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    Sorry to bump an old thread up but I wanted to see if any members here are still members there? I attended the Washington Co Republican picnic there yesterday and thought it looked like a decent place for the family to become involved with. I can always shoot at home but shooting with others regulary seems to be more fun.

Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    Doug, I'm a member there. Just joined this year to go shooting with my boys. Range is hardly ever busy during the week and as long as there is light you can shoot, not confined to certain range times. You can catch a membership day and get a discounted fee for joining. The $100 assessment fee is to replace an aging air conditioning system from what I can tell. They aren't real clear on all their rules. The posted rules say "direct family members are not considered guests" but they do require a $5 guest pass for anyone you bring to the range, family or not. You also have to apply for the pass a day ahead of time. you can apply for a jr membership for the kids so they can shoot free and your wife can apply for the auxiliary for free. They have trap and skeet but only on certain days and have leagues for both. Clubhouse is showing it's age but I don't go there to eat/drink. You can only shoot paper at the range as at most places. Rapid fire is frowned upon. They do say you can fire as fast as you can obtain a good sight picture but every time they hear rapid fire everyone goes "oh no, thats not good". As long as you are hitting the paper every time then you are fine.
    As far as getting member sponsorship all you really have to do is go to the front door during clubhouse hours and knock on the door for the bartender to buzz you in. There are always people in the club that would be happy to sponsor you, they get a discount off their membership if they sponsor 2 people. I get up there 2-3 times a week.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Another option might be peacemaker in WV? $200 for a yearly memebership, can shot out to 1,200 yards on electronic targets. Certainly worth taking a look at.

Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    Another option might be peacemaker in WV? $200 for a yearly memebership, can shot out to 1,200 yards on electronic targets. Certainly worth taking a look at.

Looks like a great range but about 60 miles each way. Wish it were closer.

Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm looking to meet some members, so I can get sponsored. Could somebody please steer me in the right direction? Is there a good range event that I could volunteer my time for coming up?

B.

This Saturday 25th from 12-3 is a "membership day" where you can meet some members and get a discounted price. You can meet some members and make your own decision. I haven't decided if I'll do another year, only been there a couple months.

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    This Saturday 25th from 12-3 is a "membership day" where you can meet some members and get a discounted price. You can meet some members and make your own decision. I haven't decided if I'll do another year, only been there a couple months.

Are you planning on going?

I know I have soccer in the AM but the Mrs and Kids are leaving for the weekend and I might head out to check it out if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tse3gbs

Latest threads

Top Bottom