• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    Any of you Baltimore guys ever been to Northwestern Pawn? Was thinking about heading up there to check them out one weekend to see what they have.
    Any opinions on the place?

methlab

Mar 18, 2011
    Northern Harford County
    The store is in a realy depressed area but I have been there many times and they are very nice to work with. The online list is updated monthly so stop on in and look at the printed list of their actual stock. They only have a few out on display but they will get anything you are interested in from the back.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Bought a shotgun 4-5 years ago from these guys- good deal- easy to work with-interesting to carry it to car around the corner wrapped in newspaper--I guess people thought I was carrying a large baguette.

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    I have bought a few things from him. It is very interesting when you go upstairs to his storage area to look around at the guns. He seems to be a pretty nice guy.

realjoecool

MDS Supporter
    Aug 6, 2012
    I had bought a shotgun from Rick, who is an owner, nice guy. Most of the stuff there is older and it is best to go earlier in the day to avoid the rush at the end of the day when people are trying to cash their checks. Also call first if there is a particular rifle that you want (from the online listing) and he'll be able to tell you if it is still there.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Rick Sussman is a hell of a nice guy. E-mail him with what you want to see from the website. Some of the guns are in a nearby warehouse and he will bring them to the store. Otherwise, enjoy the walk up the dark stairway and through the ancient storage to the "gun cage" upstairs.

He won't budge on prices, but that's not a problem because his prices are pretty good.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I love the neighborhood. I enjoyed the looks I got when walking to the car on the side street with a Mossberg 500 in my hands. :innocent0

It's funny because a lot of folks who've never been down there think the avenue is one of the mean streets of Baltimore. They haven't taken enough rides off of the main drags to see the real wild Wild West Baltimore.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I went in there a few years ago with the idea of picking up a Marlin 336 at a good price. But all the rifles I looked at were in very bad condition, poorly maintained, sights broken off, etc. The guns were only good for parts. If you want a project gun that might be a good place. They might have a decent deal on a shotgun for you.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I went in there a few years ago with the idea of picking up a Marlin 336 at a good price. But all the rifles I looked at were in very bad condition, poorly maintained, sights broken off, etc. The guns were only good for parts. If you want a project gun that might be a good place. They might have a decent deal on a shotgun for you.

Thats my experience as well. The guns kept upstairs are dirty and rusty. He should at least oil things when he takes them in because I bet they get rusty up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom