• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Notch it up as a bad day at the range.

At least I got to shoot a little, at this time of year that's a bonus for me. Overall the AGC is full of good people and is a nice place to spend time, these asshats won't change that for me, it's my range just as much as it is theirs.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I would have, but I didn't get his badge #.

Am I right that it isn't permitted to have multiple targets setup across multiple stations and shoot from a single position? I know this happens and am ok with it when it isn't crowded, but when there are a number of shooters they should police this better.

All the shooting positions are numbered as are the target locatons.
    One range badge= one shooting postion and one target position.

Sounds like you just ran across an A-hole that thinks his $150 entitles him to aggrevate the crap out of everyone else.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Revolver guy today was wearing an "Infidel" hat, the other in a camo jacket. Sound familiar? I feel better that I'm not the only one to have problems with these folks. I think what upset the Applejack guy the most was that I didn't bend to his will and move to another bench which is what he clearly wanted, and that's when he got huffy and bitchy.

Anytime I have an a$$hole to my right at a shooting range(not AGC, though), I break out my mini-14 from its case and start shooting. For some reason, it REALLY flings the brass high in that direction in an upwards arcing trajectory that even clears substantial lane dividers. After a few hot .223 casings bounced off his gourd, he'd either get tired of it and move or be frustrated to death by my kill-'im-with-kindness/sweet-as-punkin'-pie over-the-top tongue-in-cheek apologies.

Nothing infuriates prick hotheads like rufusal to take the bait and react in kind, e.g. the angriest I've ever knowingly made someone was when I ignored a red-faced road-rager's vulgar insults and asked his girl in the passenger seat if she'd considered getting him a therapist or enrolling him in anger-management classes before he put her in any more embarrassing and dangerous situations. I thought the jerk was literally going to spontaneously combust or implode into a black hole they way he started shaking and stammering with rage, to which I responded(to her) "Good luck to you with THAT one. I'm gonna say a prayer of safety on your behalf". The road-rager followed me for several miles off the 15South exit ramp out of his direction of travel trying to get in front of and next to me but traffic precluded this and I merely smiled and waved with the windows rolled down and Bob Marley blasting. :lol2:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I have found that the best way to deal with people like him is to walk over and apologize profusely from a close distance, whilst hacking and coughing and explaining that ever since you got (insert awful contagious disease name here) you just can't concentrate.

For instance, let me demonstrate. Our fantasy olympic event shooter whines about your target angle. You approach slowly, with a bit of a limp, coming to within arm's reach. This while espousing "hack, hack, arghhhhhh, f**&*, aghh, hack, I'm sorry dude, this damn Hep C won't leave...hack, arghhhh......won't leave me alone. It's hard for me to...hack, sneeze, retch slightly....hard for me to move my target with these sores all over my arms. Wanna see what I mean? No? Oh, okay, well I'm real sorry anyway. Tell you what dude, don't ever f*** around with IV drugs and hookers man, that shit comes back at you years later. I hear even straight guys have problems sometimes." It is at this point you pull your kleenex out of your pocket, which you have nicely decorated with some fresh wet and red Taco Bell mild sauce, and begin to wipe your nose. You offer one final "You see what I mean dude? F-in' trannies, you never know what they got."

You may then quietly return back to your post, confident in the knowledge that your neighbor will no longer bother you, in fact, he'll probably no longer even chance looking at you, and will probably decide to quietly pack up and leave in the next fifteen minutes.

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    I have found that the best way to deal with people like him is to walk over and apologize profusely from a close distance, whilst hacking and coughing and explaining that ever since you got (insert awful contagious disease name here) you just can't concentrate.

For instance, let me demonstrate. Our fantasy olympic event shooter whines about your target angle. You approach slowly, with a bit of a limp, coming to within arm's reach. This while espousing "hack, hack, arghhhhhh, f**&*, aghh, hack, I'm sorry dude, this damn Hep C won't leave...hack, arghhhh......won't leave me alone. It's hard for me to...hack, sneeze, retch slightly....hard for me to move my target with these sores all over my arms. Wanna see what I mean? No? Oh, okay, well I'm real sorry anyway. Tell you what dude, don't ever f*** around with IV drugs and hookers man, that shit comes back at you years later. I hear even straight guys have problems sometimes." It is at this point you pull your kleenex out of your pocket, which you have nicely decorated with some fresh wet and red Taco Bell mild sauce, and begin to wipe your nose. You offer one final "You see what I mean dude? F-in' trannies, you never know what they got."

You may then quietly return back to your post, confident in the knowledge that your neighbor will no longer bother you, in fact, he'll probably no longer even chance looking at you, and will probably decide to quietly pack up and leave in the next fifteen minutes.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The incident has been referred to the AGC leadership and it's being moved into the appropriate forum.

AGC folks will be looking into the incident.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    One thing I wish AGC would do is number the 100 yard target holders. I always think I'm in the correct set, but when I get back to my bench I'm off one direction or the other.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Thanks Norton! Wasn't sure where to put the thread when I opened it.

No harm.

The AGC folks weren't able to see it because it was in the Water Cooler, so I'm putting it here.

onespentround

Nov 14, 2010
    Sykesville
    I had a unique experience this morning at AGC that I've never had before, a less than pleasant time there.

I arrived this morning and set up on an available bench between two groups of shooters, on my left was a group of guys with AR's and AK's, and on my right two shooters working with reactive targets at 100yds with .22's. All seemed well until the AR/AK group hit the tree line a few times, which got the attention of the .22 shooters. They began discussing this, but did not approach and advise the AR/AK group of their issue. On a cease fire the .22 shooters told the R.O. about this and then he approached the AR/AK group. For the next 20-30 minutes or so I get treated to hearing the AR/AK group whine and moan and act bad ass (apparently aggravated by one of the AR shooters who was having some issue clearing his weapon at the cease fire call and was shouting profanities at the muzzle loader group to his left). This high school crap keeps going for awhile until the AR/AK group packs and leaves.

I was thinking at that point that I'd be able to enjoy the rest of my morning in peace, until one of the .22 shooters to my immediate right began to comment that my target wasn't aligned properly and that I was impacting the berm above his steel targets. On the next CF I brought my frame in closer (I was shooting a couple of new acquisitions I hadn't tested yet) to 25yds and adjusted the bench to the right as I could see a slight angle (my bench and target holder were correctly numbered as well) until I had a straight line of sight. This did not satisfy the shooter to my right (this one was shooting an Applejack Boyd's stocked 10/22) and he began ranting that I was being unsafe and he didn't want to shoot anywhere near me. He went and got his target on the next CF and continued to make childish comments even going so far to ask me what club I was in to add some infantile comments about his opinion of my abilities before he headed over to the pistol range (of course he stopped and told the R.O. the same within earshot, though the R.O. didn't intervene in my shooting as my angle was correct). I chose not to verbally react to any of this as it would have only taken me down to his level and I'm just not that type of person and just wished him a nice day.

I figure next time will be nicer, but maybe all parties should just remember that in the future talking to each other in an adult manner with respect for others goes alot further than childish comments and behavior.

I also had problems with childish people there. It's been two years since I have returned. Thinking about returning next year....:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom