• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Well, if we're going this guy's route, I want a personalized plasma rifle in the 12 megawatt range.

And a matching phaser for a sidearm.

!!!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    i saw a report on these on tv years ago and they couldnt get them to work and well as they wanted and the goverment was still pushing for them until some goverment lawyers said that if the goverment required them and they faild and some one was killed due to it that the goverment would be liable and it went away. i guess its back now. wtf.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    No offense, but that's ****jng stupid. Wife home alone, bad guy breaks in...can't use the gun cause its registered in my name. Or how about the fact registration is not supposed to exist in the first place.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I want a Mr. Fusion powered rail gun that is fueled by banana peels and will allow me to travel back in time by hitting 88 mph....

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    No offense, but that's ****jng stupid. Wife home alone, bad guy breaks in...can't use the gun cause its registered in my name. Or how about the fact registration is not supposed to exist in the first place.

Or lets say it malfunctions, it would give a whole new meaning to the "Blue screen of death".

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Tierney remained optimistic, calling his bill a “common sense” reform to save lives
    Are we the only ones that realize that they sound like broken records? I mean, if this stuff really was common sense, you wouldn't have to keep telling us how common sense it is...

This technology was developed and exists, but in the past was shelved because of efforts of the powerful gun lobby
    I really wish I knew who this omnipotent "gun lobby" is that's fighting so hard for us. Last time I checked, it was the American people that fight for themselves to block this stuff.

Tierney said he has seen demonstrations of some the technology in his office, including fingerprint scanners and a wristwatch using radio waves to activate a gun.
    So I guess we can't take our friends to the range now? Ooohhh yay, it uses radio waves you say? I wonder what a cell-phone jammer would do to those...

Ann Marie Crowell, a Saugus mother whose 12-year-old son was accidentally shot while playing at a friend’s house on Christmas Eve 1997, said the bill would prevent other parents from having to suffer through a similar loss.
    Oh really? I'm glad having a loved one killed suddenly makes you an expert on firearms and RFID & fingerprint-scanning technology. And plus, you know, a proper education on respecting firearms or making sure you know what's going on at you're kid's friend's house wouldn't have solved the problem either.

If Congress can’t pass background checks, at least pass this
    39215-grumpy-cat-no-Vyfj.jpeg

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    As a paintball player that has watched many another player deal with batteries and board issues, how about no?

Would the government and military be exempt? If so why?
    Worried the firearm won't function when you need it most?

Library Guy

Library Marksmanship Unit
    May 25, 2012
    Welcome to MicroSoft Gunz
    What do you want to shoot today?

Target
    Game animal
    Burglar

I see you’ve selected Burglar. While we configure your Microsoft Gunz to shoot Burglar, please take a moment to call 911.

Please download and read the MicroSoft Gunz End User license Agreement and Waiver of Liability

I am 21 years of age or older / I am under 21

I Have / I have not read all local ordinances and am in compliance with legal and ethical restrictions on the use of deadly force in my jurisdiction.

Microsoft Gunz has detected updates are available. Downloading update 1 of 249.....

ericgunn

Feb 21, 2013
    I like how it says the older guns being sold will have to be retrofitted at the expense of the federal government. Just another politician living in a bubble and watching too many Bond movies.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Soooo....someone can still kill people with knives, axes, chainsaws, bombs, crossbows, and bare hands right? Or will those need a biometric scan to be used as well. It would be a pain in the ass to have to get biometrically scanned before I could use my hands.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Soooo....someone can still kill people with knives, axes, chainsaws, bombs, crossbows, and bare hands right? Or will those need a biometric scan to be used as well. It would be a pain in the ass to have to get biometrically scanned before I could use my hands.

You are going hate where they are going to put the scanner in you :D

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Welcome to MicroSoft Gunz
    What do you want to shoot today?

Target
    Game animal
    Burglar

I see you’ve selected Burglar. While we configure your Microsoft Gunz to shoot Burglar, please take a moment to call 911.

Please download and read the MicroSoft Gunz End User license Agreement and Waiver of Liability

I am 21 years of age or older / I am under 21

I Have / I have not read all local ordinances and am in compliance with legal and ethical restrictions on the use of deadly force in my jurisdiction.

Microsoft Gunz has detected updates are available. Downloading update 1 of 249.....

"You must shut down and restart immediately for updates to take effect."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom