NRA Certified Shotgun Instructors - OUTSTANDING!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I went to the skeet range for my 2nd time. My 13 year old daughter came with me. The guys at the Damascus IWLA were eager to show her how to shoot. We got an NRA certified shotgun instructor who has a lot of experience working with kids (even older ones like me).

This guy was outstanding. He lent my daughter a 28 gauge O/U shotgun, showed her the stance, how to mount the gun, aim points, etc. Sadly, when it came to firing the gun, she was apprehensive. He helped her through that too, but even though the gun did not have a lot of recoil, she decided not to shoot any more. I'm patient. I'll look into getting her a .410. She's comfortable shooting those.

The NRA instructor was simply outstanding! I've been an instructor for other sports. This guy was good! I really enjoyed myself. My first time out, I got 4 out of 25. This time I got about 18 out of 25 shots. I credit the instructor! My hat goes off to all of the NRA certified instructors out there, and of course the fine gentlemen that are members of the IWLA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom