• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    There's a lot of buzz about bullet voting for a reform slate in the current election:
    Phil Journey
    Dennis Fusaro
    Rocky Marshall
    Jeff Knox
    Owen (Buz) Mills

The discussion is to vote for these five only--as a possible means of creating a reform core in the new board.

Thoughts?

There is also a proposed by-laws change. It's long, repetitious in areas and mundane sounding. It's also unanimously recommended by the current board. When a proposal is long and mundane sounding I'm usually suspicious. It feels like there's something buried in there that is easy to miss, and is usually not in my interest. And given that the current NRA cartel is putting it forward, I doubly dubious.

What are the sage thoughts from the MDS brain trust?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    This is old, but some of the same people might be running. I haven't looked at it.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Yes. Included in this month's magazines.

I'm mostly interested in reactions to the proposed by-laws amendment.
    Here's a discussion of the ballot, including the proposed by-law amendment. He recommends, "Yes."

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    I voted yes on the question of whether the NRA should have a Chief Compliance Officer. To me it makes sense for any multi-state and international organization with a budget the size of the NRA's, as well as the complexity of the issues it addresses, plus the fact that multiple governments want to destroy the organization, to have a Compliance Officer in place.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Well, it appears that none of them are incumbents. That's a real good start. Going to add Maryland's Susannah Warner Kipke though. She's also not an incumbent. And as a Maryland resident, and the plaintiff in Kipke v. Gov. Wes Moore in the suit over SB1, she seems worth a vote.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I voted for those 4 and added Kim Rhodes as I respect her impressive Olympic performances.

It is at least worth a stamp to mail it in. Could be enough to keep the same lazy tools who watched Wayne steal millions of dollars off the board.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    Well, it appears that none of them are incumbents. That's a real good start. Going to add Maryland's Susannah Warner Kipke though. She's also not an incumbent. And as a Maryland resident, and the plaintiff in Kipke v. Gov. Wes Moore in the suit over SB1, she seems worth a vote.
    Her dad was a strong supporter of our youth shooting program and her husband is Delegate Nic Kipke

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Just remember that "targeted voting" is for a purpose.

If someone is just "OK" but is well known and a lot of people feel the same way, they might end up out-polling and beating someone who is excellent (the "reformers") but maybe has a smaller core of support because they're less well-known.

Although you may vote for up to 25, IIRC, the Ammoland piece recommends voting for only the named 4 or 5.

cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    I attended ,last springs Annual NRAMtg. And Mr. Knox spoke out on the floor. I had never heard of him but it was not well received by the current Admin or the crowd. Everyone close to me seemed to dislike him and made comments about him being a problem for the current leadership for years. I have no idea if this is good or bad , just some info to add here. He clearly wanted to make changes.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I attended ,last springs Annual NRAMtg. And Mr. Knox spoke out on the floor. I had never heard of him but it was not well received by the current Admin or the crowd. Everyone close to me seemed to dislike him and made comments about him being a problem for the current leadership for years. I have no idea if this is good or bad , just some info to add here. He clearly wanted to make changes.
    What did he say that was not well-received? Criticism of WLP and the then-current regime?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Jeff Knox is the son of the late Neal Knox, who sent years criticising NRA leadership for being far too "moderate" in pursuing a pro-2A agenda. He was a hero of mine a long time ago.

The fewer people that you vote for, the less diluted your vote becomes. Knowing nothing about any of the other candidates, I'd vote for Knox, and give serious thought to Kipke. Plaintiffs in 2A lawsuits deserve respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom