• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Del. Aruna Miller's canned response today to the NRA-ILA mass e-mail letter. Looks like unsubstantiated claims, and/or cherry-picked facts without regard to relevance or cause and effect:

"Dear _____,

Thank you for contacting my office and expressing your comments HB159-Weapon-Free Higher Education Zones. I respect your position and your strong convictions about this matter.

The overwhelming majority of the 4,400 colleges and universities in the United States prohibit the carrying of firearms on their campuses. Gun-free policies have helped to make our post-secondary education institutions some of the safest places in the country. A Department of Justice study found that 93% of violent crimes that victimize college students occur off campus.

Studies have confirmed that policies allowing civilians to bring guns onto college campuses are unlikely to reduce mass shootings on campus, are likely to lead to more shootings, homicides, and suicides on campus, and would likely compromise the lives and safety of innocent students, faculty, and staff. I believe introducing guns to college campuses, concealed or otherwise, the risks far outweigh the benefits. For these reasons, I am a co-sponsor of HB159.

Once again, thank you for sharing your concerns with me. I encourage you to always remain vocal on the issues that matter to you. Your active engagement plays an important role in shaping our future. To follow the status of this bill and other legislation, please log onto the Maryland General Assembly's website.

Best Regards,
    Delegate Aruna Miller"

I received the exact same reply this morning.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Patrick, thanks for the lengthy explanation. The more that I learn about O'Malley's criminalization schemes for gun owners, the more that I'm convinced he's a sociopath, purely focused on his personal success and devoid of empathy and even morality in his decision making. It's reassuring that there were indeed good Democrats that stood with Republicans to protect Marylanders as best they could in 2013.

I agree that a multipronged approach to protect our rights is our best defense. Beyond the reasons that you've stated, sometimes success comes in different areas (e.g. a court case garners a favorable ruling). It also involves more people to the best of their abilities. In the present day, I'm pleased with the effort that MSI has made to challenge MD restrictive gun rights laws in court, and I'm wowed by the tip of the spear efforts that members of the MDS community have made to challenge and draw attention to new restrictive legislation as it percolates up.

The synergy from these not fully overlapping efforts between the grassroots fighters bringing attention to attempts of infringements on the streets of Annapolis and those able to bend the ears of legislators in the halls of Annapolis when/if it comes to a point of sausage making is critical.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

IMO...

O'Malley isn't smart enough to try pulling this off.

This was Joe Curran's wet dream, with Frosh as the tip of the spear (and the Mikes pulling the wagon).

Marty was just the [generally popular] figurehead, that the media would rally behind.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Didn't O'Malley actively interfere when some Democrats were about to jump ship as well as have his legislative acolytes call a revote when things didn't go his way? The one thing that I do remember was how active and how much effort he put into having that piece of junk pass unmolested. Curran might have provided inspiration, but O'Malley was the tool/opportunist, on more than one level. As I said previously, he did it to further his political career with zero compunction of the harm that he would inflict on Marylanders.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Testimony on this bill by our folks is documented starting on post 120 on the Man Up Monday!! Thread.

Sorry you have to detour there. I started coverage there.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Dear Delegate Aruna,

I'd have more respect for you if you told me to f&ck off ......

:sad20:

:lol2:Agreed.

IMO...

O'Malley isn't smart enough to try pulling this off.

This was Joe Curran's wet dream, with Frosh as the tip of the spear (and the Mikes pulling the wagon).

Marty was just the [generally popular] figurehead, that the media would rally behind.

The whole thing was imported and then customized to MD. Maryland was a special target for them because the Regulated Gun List + the Form 77s held by the state police were just too good to pass up. CT legislation closely mirrored FSA, and so did good parts of NY SAFE Act.

MD lawmakers didn't even see drafts as they were being made, because there were no drafts. The whole thing was dropped in by out of state actors who said, "pass this."

Nope. FSA was bought and paid for. But when it came time to pick friends, Bloomy ignored O'Malley - at least in public.

In spite of our differences, I'm pretty sure the people here would stand and help each other out when the time came. That kind of honor doesn't exist on their side. Either that, or he didn't get paid because he didn't win the real prize.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    If she's made it personal then count me corrected. My dealings with her in the past were not personally acrimonious (quite the opposite). But if she's morphed into something else, I'm glad to be informed.

Our boy 'Spinnie' promoted himself and made Jen Prez of MPGV ... That would be a pretty good definition of morphed.

Attachments

• absolute-power-corrupts.jpg
      absolute-power-corrupts.jpg
      14.6 KB · Views: 239

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Dan Blasberg testifying. Again, find their testimony recap starting on post 120 of the Man Up Monday thread.

Attachments

• IMG_6635.jpg
      IMG_6635.jpg
      70.5 KB · Views: 231

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    As we've seen, the movers and shakers come to the Patriot Picket to talk, not the other way around.

First up: Frosh

Attachments

• IMG_6595.jpg
      IMG_6595.jpg
      100.8 KB · Views: 226

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    While MSI President Mark Pennak holds court with Maryland Public Television after the Campus Carry Ban hearings.

Attachments

• IMG_6632.jpg
      IMG_6632.jpg
      68 KB · Views: 181

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I received the exact same reply this morning.

She doesn't cite any specific sources for her studies and statistics; she just wants us to rely on her word (I imagine that she's just regurgitating what she's been fed.)

And she refers to "introducing" guns to campuses as if they're now prohibited and it would be a change of existing law. Is that a fact? Shouldn't she be corrected?

Sorry, Aruna, I remain skeptical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom