• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    Accuforge and Blue Griffin Consulting, LLC are joining together to host an NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Instructor Course. Perquisites for this course include the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting student course anytime in your past and the NRA Basic Instructor Training (BIT) Course within the past 24 months. Applicants must show proof of completion for both of these prerequisites. In order to satisfy these requirements we are offering all 3 courses at a discounted rate. For all three courses the fee is $300 for just 2 of the courses the fee will be $250 and for just one of the courses the fee is $150. You may register at the links below:

Friday March 24 Student Course: https://www.nrainstructors.org/Cour...ip=21113&radius=25.1&id=56&bsa=&youth=&women=

Saturday March 25 BIT: to register Email dwight@bluegriffinconsultingllc.com

Saturday March 25 - Sunday March 26 Instructor Course: https://www.nrainstructors.org/CourseDetails.aspx?Courseid=765604

Both Student and Instructor courses will be held at the Berwyn Rod & Gun Club in Bowie with the BIT taking place at Blue Griffin Consulting, LLC in Odenton.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'm encouraging folks here to enroll. These guys need to hit a minimum class size to run the course. I very much want to attend. Blur Griffin and Accuforge have done a big help by answering a lot of questions for me.

The price is a bargain. Literally less than many CCW courses. Not only would it exempt you from training in perpetuity but you could also instruct. My intention is to use it for myself and my close family and friends just as training cost avoidance and for scheduling convenience.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What time on Friday ? ( I need to figure if I could make it after getting off work @ 0715 ).

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No , not that , the " all day " part is fine . I work midnites , and need to see if I can get there in time for the start .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    28 years of nights , it's my normal schedule .

I'm always maxed out on annual leave , but can never get approval to actually use any .

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    Dwight provides the venue, scheduling, and does the Basic Pistol class. It is 3 days of training but Dwight might be able to help you with an alternative if you can't do the Friday Basic Pistol class.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Friday in general is fine , heck I'm good for 60 hrs straight , minus travel time on Beltway vs Start time what ever it is .

I'm use to training environments that if you're 5 minutes late , you're turned away . In order to take leave , I'd need 92 days notice to have a shot .

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Man, this is a steal. Wish I had more fore-warning, $$ is tight right now because OT has been limited. Hopefully you do this again in the future!

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I sent you an email, but figured I could also ask here. I want to take all 3 classes. I am currently not a member of NRA, but will join if that is necessary. Should I go ahead and register?
    The NRA doesn't require membership to hold instructor ratings. You would need to contact the Training Counselor. I have not met one that requires membership but I have been told that some do.

Billyb

MDS Supporter
    Nov 7, 2022
    Towson
    The NRA doesn't require membership to hold instructor ratings. You would need to contact the Training Counselor. I have not met one that requires membership but I have been told that some do.
    Thanks. I’ll probably go ahead and sign up again anyway. I was a member for years, but let it lapse a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom