• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    [Searched nothing came up]

Apparently stupid is as stupid does...

http://news.yahoo.com/york-reviewing-changes-recently-pass-gun-law-190613022.html

"..."There is no such thing as a seven-bullet magazine," Cuomo said.

Under the proposal, gun owners would be barred from loading more than seven bullets at a time, he said, unless they are at a shooting range or participating in a competition." By Daniel Wiessner | Reuters

I guess the heat is on, and I guess he is regretting being a moron. 3 suits have be filed so this should get interesting.

There still will be a >10 round mag ban, but boy even a liberal would agree this makes them look stupid.

fjm0008

Jun 27, 2012
    Arnold
    The heat is definitely on. Cuomo now has a date with the NY Supreme Court at the end of April to explain why he thinks this law is not Unconstitutional. They thought it would take years to get to that level.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Hmm, I guess my Ruger P90 is a unicorn then.

7 or 8 round box magazine (.45)

He may want to actually understand something before he passes laws on it. Just a thought since he is pushing for the presidency. Oh wait .... never mind, you can always get it passed, then read it later. I saw that somewhere recently.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Strange man, Cuomo.... even when conceding he's wrong, he can't get his facts straight. But like all anti-RKBA politicians, facts are irrelevant to his position.

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    He should tell my 1911 there is no such thing as a 7 rd mag.

The common magazine for a 1911 these days is 8 rounds, isn't it. My impression is that the number "7" came about precisely because Cuomo wanted to make sure the 1911 was included in his ban.

Everything about this NY law stinks, especially the way it was rammed through in the middle of the night with no chance for citizens to speak out. I am kind of thankful that it happened there first to mobilize MD pro-2A groups in advance, because I wouldn't put it past the O'Mafia to try something similar if we weren't already on high-alert.

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    A provision banning magazines that hold more than seven bullets beginning April 15 would likely be repealed, as magazines generally hold 10 bullets.

Only because the AWB (and some douche states continuance) limited mag sizes do magazines "generally hold ten." In free America, that's ********.

Why the hell do people keep saying sh*t like this?

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    My P239 in .40 is also a 7 rounder, well atleast it was until I put on the extended floor plates to make them 8 .... guess i will not be moving to NY!

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    I have several compacts such as a Kel-Tec PF9 and a Walther PPS in .40 which have 7 round mags. Neither one is very pleasent to shoot at the range.

A mag physical limit and a mag "load" limit is about as asinine as you can get ...

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    The heat is definitely on. Cuomo now has a date with the NY Supreme Court at the end of April to explain why he thinks this law is not Unconstitutional. They thought it would take years to get to that level.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Strange man, Cuomo.... even when conceding he's wrong, he can't get his facts straight. But like all anti-RKBA politicians, facts are irrelevant to his position.

Yeah I do not think he is that bright of a guy, in any respect.

He should tell my 1911 there is no such thing as a 7 rd mag.

I wouldn't give him any ideas. He may see that as vindication.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008

This is the key to it all. He is only back peddling to a point where if and when he has his battle with the courts he can still win. Hes not a fool and dont take this as a sign of weakness , hes only trying to make sure he still wins in the end.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/i...un-law-changes-wrapped-into-budget-talks.aspx

The governor claims the part about only loading 7 rounds will not change.
    You have to learn to *ahem* "think like a liberal" for this to make sense. Follow along now kiddywinks as Uncle BFMIN explains:

It's a 10 round magazine, right?

Ok, if you load 10 rounds into it its full to the tippy top & the top boolitt is the first one to be fired.

If you only load the first seven, & stop before the last three then its only 7/10ths (which is almost 70%) full.

That means the top three spaces are empty because you didn't put the last three boolitts in.

Because the top is empty it can't fire that first deadly heat seeking infared beam riding kop killer boolit, so its safe for de chilluns cuz it cant shewt at all.:innocent0

*whisper* Dont tell 'em if you miss out the first three it'll still work though! (Thats the loaded magazine loophole):lol2::sad20:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom