• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Some dumb A$$ named ToolAA lost his wallet today. I was at the gym and I think it fell out of my pants or gym bag while getting changed in the locker room. I guess expecting folks to have the common decency to turn it into lost and found is probably not reasonable. So much for the Howard County motto. Civility NOW. I got a fraud alert maybe 15 minutes later while running on the treadmill, which I blocked. Then I got fraud alerts on my other cards too, also for the same amount at the same store. I realized that what happened and went back to the locker room and checked my bag. My two work CC's and my personal CC along with my driver's license and my WC Permit were all in there with about $40 in cash.

So now I'm logged into the licensing portal trying to figure out how to get a replacement card. What really sucks is my current one expires in February, so I was about to renew soon anyway. Like all things MD State Gov websites, the instructions are a bit lacking.

Wear and Carry card “Replacement” requests are submitted in your online portal account. If you do not have an existing portal account, you will need to create one to submit this request. You must attach a notarized letter to your online request, explaining the circumstances of the loss/theft. There is a $10 fee, which is paid via credit card upon the submission of your request.

However, when I go to portal, I only see the link to start a new application. There are no links for replacement that I can find. Has anyone done this before, who could point me in the right direction?

MDPortal.jpg

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I assume you did not have a handgun with you ?
    Correct, I was coming straight home from a job site in DC today, so no firearm. Normally I don't even keep my wallet in my pocket when I go to job sites, but this was a DOD site and I needed my ID.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    That'll learn ya to not work out. Should be straight home to a cold beer.

I jest. I hope you get your replacement without any trouble.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    That'll learn ya to not work out. Should be straight home to a cold beer.

I jest. I hope you get your replacement without any trouble.

Honestly I dread driving to the gym after work but as I get older I realize it really really does make me feel better over time. I also figure things like this. The more I go to the gym, the more beer I drink later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Honestly I dread driving to the gym after work but as I get older I realize it really really does make me feel better over time. I also figure things like this. The more I go to the gym, the more beer I drink later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seriously that's a good step that you have worked it into the drive home.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Some dumb A$$ named ToolAA lost his wallet today. I was at the gym and I think it fell out of my pants or gym bag while getting changed in the locker room. I guess expecting folks to have the common decency to turn it into lost and found is probably not reasonable. So much for the Howard County motto. Civility NOW. I got a fraud alert maybe 15 minutes later while running on the treadmill, which I blocked. Then I got fraud alerts on my other cards too, also for the same amount at the same store. I realized that what happened and went back to the locker room and checked my bag. My two work CC's and my personal CC along with my driver's license and my WC Permit were all in there with about $40 in cash.

So now I'm logged into the licensing portal trying to figure out how to get a replacement card. What really sucks is my current one expires in February, so I was about to renew soon anyway. Like all things MD State Gov websites, the instructions are a bit lacking.

However, when I go to portal, I only see the link to start a new application. There are no links for replacement that I can find. Has anyone done this before, who could point me in the right direction?

View attachment 385571
    Didn’t happen to be Lifetime Fitness?

I have heard of a few incidents like this over the years.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    No it was the Y in Elliot City.
    Weird.
    It’s usually fun to go to the YMCA.

Sorry for your headache. I wouldn’t want anyone to get my “guns are located at this address” card.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Weird.
    It’s usually fun to go to the YMCA.

Sorry for your headache. I wouldn’t want anyone to get my “guns are located at this address” card.

I’m 55 yrs old, and I’ve never once lost my wallet or even a credit card. The thing I’m most concerned about is exactly what you pointed out. Someone who didn’t have the decency to turn my wallet into lost and found, had my address and knows I have a gun. Maybe that last fact could also be a deterrent.

By the way, I just figured out how to apply for the replacement. It turns out, you just click the "Start New HGP Application" and then on the second page of the application, you have a selection option to choose replacement. You would think, they could add a simple sentence stating as such, on the MSP website.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012

CaptainAwesome

Jun 1, 2013
    Pikesville MD
    Sorry this happened to you, nice of you to post your error, it's an unpleasant feeling to lose/misplace your wallet.

I need to tell you there are people who do return found wallets to the rightful owners, or at least attempt to hand it off to a responsible individual.

I found someone's diamond ring sitting on the counter at a Towson Starbucks, must have only been there a few minutes, I picked it up and said, hmmm, I don't have a girlfriend, so better hand this over to the manager.

Thanks for the instructions on MSP site for the replacement.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Sorry this happened to you, nice of you to post your error, it's an unpleasant feeling to lose/misplace your wallet.

I need to tell you there are people who do return found wallets to the rightful owners, or at least attempt to hand it off to a responsible individual.

I found someone's diamond ring sitting on the counter at a Towson Starbucks, must have only been there a few minutes, I picked it up and said, hmmm, I don't have a girlfriend, so better hand this over to the manager.

Thanks for the instructions on MSP site for the replacement.
    I found a guy's wallet one day. Looked at his driver's license and realized it was on my way home. His wallet was at his house before he was.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I wonder if the replacement card will have a different number, or be otherwise down in the system as the only legitimate card? In other words, will the original be voided, or come up void if someone ever runs it?

Since they are so strict about the requirement to always have the physical card in your possession when carrying, it occurs to me it sure would be nice to have two cards, as long as both are valid...

MADad

Sep 8, 2013
    Charles County
    In addition to always carrying my license, I take pictures of all of my professional licenses and keep them in a separate album on my phone. This includes both sides of my drivers license. This has come in handy multiple times.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I wonder if the replacement card will have a different number, or be otherwise down in the system as the only legitimate card? In other words, will the original be voided, or come up void if someone ever runs it?

Since they are so strict about the requirement to always have the physical card in your possession when carrying, it occurs to me it sure would be nice to have two cards, as long as both are valid...
    It will have a different number. The original will be voided and will come up as such. You cannot have 2 valid cards

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom