Ocean City “Somewhere to Smile About” That will be 975K Thank You!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I guess the new Logo is not saving OC.

Lodging companies have noticed their numbers being slightly off for this season, as tourists haven’t been coming down in the typical droves that are often associated with the bustling summer season.

According to the website Smith Travel Research, the occupancy level for hotels and motels in Ocean City for the month of June was at 67.4 percent, a 2.6 percent decrease from the previous year. The average daily rate (ADR) for the month of June was at $232.35, with the revenue per available room (REVPAR) at $156.54. This shows a 3.1 percent decrease and a 5.6 percent decrease from the previous year, respectively.

“Tourism peaked when everyone had money left over from the pandemic,” said Susan Jones, the executive director for the Ocean City Hotel-Motel-Restaurant Association. “We were 80 percent full in June of 2021. So tourists came down and spent all of the money that the government had handed to them that year.”

As I no longer have a condo to rent (but still have a waterfront home) , I"m actually glad it not as crowded as it could be. I have looked at some condos and they are substantially more $ per week but renting less.

For those who work in OC full or part time, how's the businesses going?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

And from new commercials to influencer campaigns to articles in travel magazines, the BVK team has hit the ground running on marketing the resort with millions of engagements. The overall rebranding effort also includes a campaign focused on golf, plans to remodel the convention center and new and improved special and annual events.

This is the first time Ocean City has had an official “brand” with all the bells and whistles.

Officials began shopping in 2021 for a firm to make it happen, and by the end of the year, BVK was awarded a $975,000 contract.

:facepalm:

What does this mean?
    “I’ll tell you, if you know me and you know the staff, you need to buckle up,” Perlozzo said. “Because I can tell you we’re coming out and we’re going to kick some butt.”

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    My thought: it is just the kind of hyperbole and dribble some bureaucrat(s) paying $975k (of other people’s tax dollars) wants to hear …
    6884c12d1634decab37a7b2159ae1fe5.jpg

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    What does this mean?

Marketing BS
    When a person or a place calls themself a “Brand” it means they have spent too much on marketing and not focused on the product.
    OC would serve themselves to spend the $ on safety and cleanliness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    I guess the new Logo is not saving OC.

As I no longer have a condo to rent (but still have a waterfront home) , I"m actually glad it not as crowded as it could be. I have looked at some condos and they are substantially more $ per week but renting less.

For those who work in OC full or part time, how's the businesses going?
    From what im seeing on FB, people are saying it is more slow for sure. Havent heard any actual numbers. Traffic on 113 and 13 has been heavy last 3 weeks so people are vacationing someplace.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I’m here for jeep week(end)
    Im expecting it will be busy Labor Day and Bike week

Hoping for good fishing weather bike week even though I will travel for the first time to look at the vendors get some ice cream at the board walk and watch the bearded drunks.

Bike week I usually exclusively fish in the bay cause it’s when things slow down for boat traffic. I have to pull the water craft the next weekend cause they are re working my bulkhead this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Jeep week was slow in comparison to the past. The cost of OC has to be driving tourism other places or people are just staying home. You can definitely tell that it is slower this year than in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom