• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I thought that all the nit picking the OCP did during special event zones were ordanances (correct word?) on the books 365 thru the year, They just got more tight on enforcing during those times.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Special event zone law says nothing about modifications, only speeding, racing, or noise:

Now, it would be entirely possible that they're taking the "noise" part and applying it to any modified exhaust. That would be totally on course for OC PD.
    Modifications are already illegal in MD. They pull people over for specific things like lowering, no hoods, lights, etc.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    More like a second genesis.

He sends this "vanishing OC" emails and such periodically showing how OC "used to be in the good old days" There is a small paperback that has stories and pictures I have at our place out there that I read periodically to see how it used to be. Heck 2004 for me was the "good old days" cause I could drop a top/bottom rig with squid almost anywhere in the bay around structure in July and my kids would catch croaker. Much harder now and way more "Yahoos" operating boats there now.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    He sends this "vanishing OC" emails and such periodically showing how OC "used to be in the good old days" There is a small paperback that has stories and pictures I have at our place out there that I read periodically to see how it used to be. Heck 2004 for me was the "good old days" cause I could drop a top/bottom rig with squid almost anywhere in the bay around structure in July and my kids would catch croaker. Much harder now and way more "Yahoos" operating boats there now.
    I've been going downeeoshun since the early '60s. By the late '60s or extended family stayed for a week every summer at Castle in the Sands. Once, the building we were in was hit by a rogue bolt of lightning. No rain. Just whamo! I was napping on a bed at the time. My body was lifted 3" off the bed. Memories...

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    OCMD Hilton Ocean Suites.

Not shitty. :)

IMG_3469.jpeg

G Rose

MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2023
    Berlin MD
    been in O C 28 years, no to your rant. cleanest city I have ever been in.
    Yes drugs and guns are here, up to states attorney to bring to court.
    Chief judge of MD sets limits on how many people get charged.
    Too many and state will have money problems. Problem is not police, problem is courts.

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    been in O C 28 years, no to your rant. cleanest city I have ever been in.
    Yes drugs and guns are here, up to states attorney to bring to court.
    Chief judge of MD sets limits on how many people get charged.
    Too many and state will have money problems. Problem is not police, problem is courts.
    I didn't think about it while we were there, but you are absolutely right, OC was very clean. We walked (the dog) and biked many back streets, no trash or junk anywhere. Of course we were there in the off season, but still. You would think that is when they let thing go. As for the druggies, Fentanyl was doing a pretty good job taking them out till the bleeding hearts developed Naloxone. I've never understood how people think we can win a war without killing the enemy or keeping them confined until the war is over.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    When I went to FL for the first time I was giddy over being able to see my feet when standing chest high in the water.

I made quite a scene! :lol2:

and the group of sharks circling you looking for their next meal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom