October 19th shoot, what are you bringing/what do you want to shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    At this point, I'm looking at bringing my AR-15, my 1911 (Springfield Armory Loaded), probably one of my .22 rifles (either 10/22 or CZ-452). and a bunch of 12 gauge birdshot to run through other people's shotguns.

Stuff I want to try are Mosin-Nagants, tactical shotgun setups (specifically a semi-auto and also one of those IAC/Hawk guns to try out the sights), a K-31, a Makarov PM, a 686, and a FAL or PTR. Oh, and a bobtailed 1911. So far it looks like Alucard, Spot, and 3rdRcn have most of this covered already.

inconel710

Feb 24, 2008
    I'm bringing the SIG Mosquito and my Maverick 88. I need to see how the Maverick patterns - a previous owner cut down the barrel to about 19'' and no choke. I'll have a few dozen shells of 00 buck (is this OK on the pistol range?), plenty of .22lr and some 9mm. I'll be looking to try a P6 for sure.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Does Del Marva sell ammo on location?? Hope so, since I have no idea what all I will actually play with.

Yes they do. They actually have a pretty good selection of ammo.

If there's something specific that you know you want, you might want to call ahead and see.

There's also the Cambridge Wal-Mart on the way down.

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    Oh, I almost forgot. I would LOVE to put a few rounds through a Saiga in .308 if anyone has one. That is one my short list :)

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Heather, my GP-100 is a 4" stainless model. Both that and my Sp-101 have had Wolf trigger jobs done, so you'll get a smoother, somewhat lighter trigger squeeze on both. 3rd's GP has great high viz sights that I don't have on mine yet. The Sp is indeed a 5-shot .357 magnum with somehting around a 2.5" barrel. They do come in other rounds, but the .38/.357 is by far the most common. If you can't make it down there, we can always run out to Continental and if 3rd can make it you can try a .45 too I'm sure.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I am trying to work out getting to the shoot. If I do:

I would love to try some revolvers. I know Joppaj has some he has said in the past he would let me take for a spin.

Would also love to shoot an Evil Black Gun. I have know other request on that as I know nothing about them. Sounds like there will be just a few there to choose from. :lol2:

Hmmmm, maybe a shotgun, too? :)

revolvers.jpg
    I can bring whatever the Lady prefers;) I would suggest trying the 686, 6lb DA trigger, 10oz SA trigger, second best trigger I have ever fired. Hopefully my dad will bring his Colt detective special, that is the best trigger of any revolver I have fired
    I like to bring as many revolvers there as I can, the brass is easier to recover, as most brass from autoloaders will never be seen again.

try a 12ga with the knoxx stock, your shoulder will thank you in the morning

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Heather, my GP-100 is a 4" stainless model. Both that and my Sp-101 have had Wolf trigger jobs done, so you'll get a smoother, somewhat lighter trigger squeeze on both. 3rd's GP has great high viz sights that I don't have on mine yet. The Sp is indeed a 5-shot .357 magnum with somehting around a 2.5" barrel. They do come in other rounds, but the .38/.357 is by far the most common. If you can't make it down there, we can always run out to Continental and if 3rd can make it you can try a .45 too I'm sure.

If Terry can't I always can, and I can cut deals on ammo, range time and rentals ;)

Turns out when I'm working, there is a MDShooters discount!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    :lol: Ooooooo, look at those revolvers! Cowboy ones, too!

Knoxx Stock? Whatever it is, I'll be sure to look for that, Jeremy!:D

You are welcome to try any of them, the top 2 are black powder

http://www.knoxx.com/products/SpecOps_Stock.php

I'll have my tacticool 870 there with the knoxx stock, basically it has a spring/buffer system that takes a lot of the recoil out of a 12ga, difference being that after a dozen 2 3/4" or just a couple 3" shells without the stock, especially in my light little coach gun, my shoulder feels like hamburger. With the knoxx stock, I can shoot hundreds of 2 3/4" slugs without so much as a bruise the next day.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I wonder if the orange "less than lethal" stock works as well as the spec ops one - would look pretty sweet on my 870 and fits with the orange hunter stuff

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    I'll have my Tac 870 there with the Knoxx stock also.

Anyone wants to shoot some different 12ga's just go pick up some 3" mag steel shot. It packs a punch and is pretty cheap. Much better than buying slugs to just throw down range.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Ok guys, Ill bring some toys.

GSG-5
    Yugo UF
    And, i need to sight it in, But ill be bringing my AR-50.
    Saiga 12.

34ni5nd.jpg

Want to shoot:
    Thompson (any flavor)

BTW, can i get a ride from Westminster?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members