• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Sitting in a ground blind I have two does in the thicket jyst teasing me. One of these bitchs needs to take
    A few steps more out into the field

I know the feeling. Patience. Drill her hard when she makes her debut (...into the open) ;)

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Wife killed her buck today...it was 6 point 182lbs!:D Its centerfire bucks only here...she killed it with a Marlin 30/30 @110yds!

Attachments

• IMG_2676.jpg
      IMG_2676.jpg
      84.4 KB · Views: 242

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I took some pictures last night to show some perspective on this massive, giant, huge, trophy award winning 6 pointer I got. :D

This is still the oddest buck I have ever seen on the farm. He's definitely Boone & Crockett material.

Attachments

• DSC03237.JPG
      DSC03237.JPG
      69.1 KB · Views: 230
    • DSC03238.JPG
      DSC03238.JPG
      68.7 KB · Views: 236

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    I took some pictures last night to show some perspective on this massive, giant, huge, trophy award winning 6 pointer I got. :D

This is still the oddest buck I have ever seen on the farm. He's definitely Boone & Crockett material.

LOL, I shot his SMALLER brother over here a few years back.
    Rack would've shamed a sika deer, narrower and shorter than the one you got.

Good thing I have no shame!

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    LOL, I shot his SMALLER brother over here a few years back.
    Rack would've shamed a sika deer, narrower and shorter than the one you got.

Good thing I have no shame!

Trust me. I am not ashamed, embarrassed, or anything related thereto regarding this Deer. I actually take pride in anything that doesn't "look it should".

I have a big 8 pointer mounted and hanging on the living room wall and people say, "That's a nice Buck" What they don't realize is the only reason I had that Buck mounted is because he was so "perfect" the joke is that that this "perfect" 8 pointer is a real oddity of nature for my farm. I never have seen "perfect" Bucks in all of my years, so, I had to get that one mounted. That's the inside joke on that Buckl.

However, I don't much care what's on their head to start with. I'm not a big buck trophy hunter. The only real reason this Buck is down is because he was the one that got within range first. He could have been a Doe and would have not been passed on since I am a "First Come-First Serve Hunter". The only thing I will pass on is a Fawn with spots.

However, having 6 points worth of antlers in a 7" square box is pretty damned interesting since I have a few Spikes on the wall that take up more square inches than this 6 pointer. I have a buddy that has a few of his PA Monsters on his wall, but, that's a trophy up there I understand, so, this 6 pointer would be a state record up there. :lol2:

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Went out yesterday. Didn't see a thing lol.

Yeah I know that feeling. I saw three Does within 200 yards of leaving the farm. Last night. I should have went today, but, I'm trying to knock out some chores before this week starts.

Speaking of which did anyone go hunting today ?

Sure is a nice day for it. I should be at the farm right now myself.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Getting ready for tomorrow, I've only been out once this year for ML season. Wife and I scheduled a short vacation for the opening of ML season ( I know bad timing), in the mean time my hunting buddies dropped 9 dear in 2 days!! I've got some catching up to do.

Moral of the story, never schedule a vacation for the opening weekend of ML season :whack:

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Yeah I know that feeling. I saw three Does within 200 yards of leaving the farm. Last night. I should have went today, but, I'm trying to knock out some chores before this week starts.

Speaking of which did anyone go hunting today ?

Sure is a nice day for it. I should be at the farm right now myself.

All next week is ml but doe only. I'm gonna go Friday and Saturday.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Just got back today from the ML three day hunt. I did not see one I wanted but I did see a four pointer, four spikes, and about 20 does. I just alway wait for the big one to walk out.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144

Nice Stag.:thumbsup:

R

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Murphy's law went into affect this morning. Its doe only and I see 2 bucks...

The second buck is worth talking about. About 100 yards out I see a sapling violently shaking for about 2 minutes, and sure enough once its stops shaking a HUGE 10 point comes walking out from behind it. It was the biggest deer I've ever seen in person. I have to admit, after it walked off I caught myself shaking a little bit. Hopefully we'll meet again.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Murphy's law went into affect this morning. Its doe only and I see 2 bucks...

The second buck is worth talking about. About 100 yards out I see a sapling violently shaking for about 2 minutes, and sure enough once its stops shaking a HUGE 10 point comes walking out from behind it. It was the biggest deer I've ever seen in person. I have to admit, after it walked off I caught myself shaking a little bit. Hopefully we'll meet again.

I feel your pain, however, I usually only see the biggest Bucks on the farm when I'm Squirrel hunting or reviewing my trail camera pictures from about 2 AM in the morning.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I got buck fever and missed. Damn it. I am 0/2 with this expensive ass muzzleloader I had to have. Haven't missed yet with my $189 shotgun though. :whack:

What are you doing wrong ?

Let me guess you have a 240 grain bullet with 150 grains of powder and you're trying to shoot 100 yards.

Buck Fever doesn't even register here anymore.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I got a good size doe on Friday, Looks like we'll be eating good!

Passed on a couple of does with their fawns and a couple of spike bucks.

I'm glad I can justify my new scope now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom