• ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    https://youtu.be/PD2WrlISL-o

The perp taser’s multiple times and appears to be zero impact
    Although it's probably going to wind up being justified, you have to wonder at what was going on with the guy that multiple officers had to resort to lethal force to subdue the perp.

I'm guessing the guy was wacked out of his mind on drugs, and he was clearly violent. He was clearly attacking the officers with everything he had.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    So how does it work if an officer yells "shoot him" and it turned out the guy didn't need to be shot? I'm not saying that's what happened I just wouldn't want to pull the trigger based on someone else's opinion.
    I also wouldn't want my fingers bitten off.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    So how does it work if an officer yells "shoot him" and it turned out the guy didn't need to be shot? I'm not saying that's what happened I just wouldn't want to pull the trigger based on someone else's opinion.
    I also wouldn't want my fingers bitten off.

I can't (in theory) be ordered to commit an objectively unlawful act. Every order that I give to a subordinate or that I follow from a superior must be evaluated against the law as known in that moment by a reasonable officer. If they think it's unlawful, they better not do it.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I can't (in theory) be ordered to commit an objectively unlawful act. Every order that I give to a subordinate or that I follow from a superior must be evaluated against the law as known in that moment by a reasonable officer. If they think it's unlawful, they better not do it.

Suppose you're blocked from seeing what's actually going on and all you have to go off of is your co worker yelling SHOOT HIM? Maybe you don't even know who is yelling or what his rank is so it's not an order, it's just chaos in the heat of the battle. I know people who scream bloody murder over a splinter and others who barely grunt when they obviously need to go to the hospital.
    You guys have a hard job.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    It looks like the officer that shot him was getting his fingers bitten off and shot the prep with his other hand. What else could he do in that situation ? .

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Why , I want to know why he acted like that . It appears they had a lot of restraint not shooting when he first charged. I would think drugs . Again another situation that in my mind just shouldn’t happen. Feel horrible for the mother and also feel bad for the officers involved. Who the hell wants to be put in that situation. That’s why I don’t argue with police right or wrong just keep my mouth shut and do as I am told .Not that it happens a lot . I agree tough job , kudos to them . Guess you never know on a call, but I would think they know what they are signing up for and what can happen.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Getting one's fingers bitten off sounds like "grievous bodily harm" to me, especially after being punched and head slammed.

I wonder what sort of drugs this guy was on.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    This seems like it could get protesty, if the left is still doing that. It seems like the anticop blm riot marching orders got put on standby for this political cycle. For the anti-police crowd, it's easy to articulate that getting a finger bitten off isn't life threatening. For them, police traded a life of "another unarmed black man in mental distress" to get him to stop biting a finger. You also hear the cop that was bitten screaming "shots fired"(not true at that time), "contact"(not true in the gun sense at that time), and he commanded the other police to shoot "this mother****er"(language the left will point out is dehumanizing).

Reasonable people saw the repeated attempts at using less lethal force, multiple police getting physically attacked, and the clear risk of permanent bodily harm to the injured LEO. Reasonable people that have been in a painful physical altercation will recognize how hard it is to speak clearly and choose the right words when adrenaline is dumping and you're in searing pain.

Seems like the deceased criminal is responsible for his own death in this one, but there's plenty here for the anti-police crowd to work with if they want to politicize it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don’t see any gray area. A human bite can sever fingers. They tried less lethal means. This officer did not need to suffer anymore harm than he did. Very much a justified shooting.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I don’t see any gray area. A human bite can sever fingers. They tried less lethal means. This officer did not need to suffer anymore harm than he did. Very much a justified shooting.

Well, that's because you haven't seen the Sunday School picture of the deceased in a white shirt and bow tie, taken when he was 12 yet.

If they want to stir the pot that's the picture you'll be seeing,

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    https://www.wbaltv.com/article/anne-arundel-county-police-shooting-crofton/38933595#
    Anne Arundel County police Lt. Jacklyn Davis said officers were called around 4 a.m. Sunday to a house on Danville Court for a report of family violence. A 911 caller told police her adult son assaulted her and wasn't letting her leave the house.

Officers arrived while the 911 caller was still on the phone. An unknown number of officers entered the house, got to a locked third-floor bedroom and found the caller and her son.

Officers ordered the man to get on the floor and he complied. Officers went to handcuff the man, who then began to fight with officers, Davis said.

A Taser was deployed but was ineffective, and at some point during the altercation, an officer suffered serious injuries. The officer shot the suspect, who died a the scene, Davis said.

The suspect complied?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom