Official February 6th day of event thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Thank you to all who made it down. Sent my testimony by Fed-ex after I couldn't get the day off to be sure I could testify. Plan to listen to the full 8 hours of testimony once it gets posted as on demand. Tried to listen on my phone while at work, but it kept cutting off when my phone would turn the screen off.

Got to lawyers square at 5:30pm ( left my office as soon as my meeting got out and it was a long drive), saw a bunch of folks heading back to their cars. Everyone was pretty much gone by then. Heard mixed estimates on the radio. One report on the Chris Plant show was probably optimistic at 10,000. A later report was 3,000. Wish I could have made it for the whole day but I'll be there for the next one as I'm sure there will be more opportunities.

Cheers to all who stood up to be counted,

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    10am In line
    3pm Sign In Book - 3pm
    9pm Frosh announcing that we will be lined up and give 10 seconds for Hi, I am Bob - from AA county - and I oppose this bill

200+ number of people that got that treatment.

But he can say that i got my chance to speak
    An I said that I opposed this bill and this method of testimony

Not Impressed

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Annnnnnd just got home. Time to eat, then work on uploading pictures n videos

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    10am In line
    3pm Sign In Book - 3pm
    9pm Frosh announcing that we will be lined up and give 10 seconds for Hi, I am Bob - from AA county - and I oppose this bill

200+ number of people that got that treatment.

But he can say that i got my chance to speak
    An I said that I opposed this bill and this method of testimony

Not Impressed

I love how we are supposed to rely on our legislative system, but yet are limited to how we can voice our opinions....it woulda been easier to just look outside and been like "wow, 3000 people oppose this bill".
    They keep poking eventually youll make anything mad

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Can someone give me a report on Frosh... Was he respectful to the oppose witnesses? I'm getting mixed reports that he was nasty, talked to aides and left the room when oppose witnesses came up. He is "my" senator and I already owe him a stern letter over the computer- generated reply he sent me to a thoughtful letter (his auto reply had my first name as "Esq."). Just pitiful - shows how much he cares about his constituency. If the reports I am hearing are true, I want to address that in my letter as well.

Harry

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    There was some - - Great - - Testimony given

Our side sounded much better prepared, provided far superior arguments and presented them from many different directions.

The Senators asked many questions, all seemed to be fielded well. Some amazing people on the Pro-2A.

I do not think there was any point of the bill that not addressed, on a line by line basis.

Bonus Points that visited the Senator's Offices.

I give a huge round of applause to all those that turned out - for Both the Rally and the Hearing.

Dreamquencher

Grammar Nazgûl
    Jan 20, 2013
    Undisclosed Location, MD
    Those EVIL cigerettes!!! Ban them,dammit, BAN them!!:lol:

Rob

Nah, I respect that people have the right to smoke outdoors in public places. I am just not used to being in large crowds where there is no restriction on smoking (i.e., designated smoking areas). Yes, I guess I have spent far more time at Disney World than at political rallies. It's also why I cannot go to rock concerts. The other stuff in the air at concerts doesn't bother me as much as tobacco. It's my problem, not the smokers', I realize that.

m&p9

Dec 18, 2012
    Salisbury
    Thank you all that showed. I wish I could have been thre with you but I'm n. very unstable position at Orkney right now. You all make me very proud

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Nah, I respect that people have the right to smoke outdoors in public places. I am just not used to being in large crowds where there is no restriction on smoking (i.e., designated smoking areas). Yes, I guess I have spent far more time at Disney World than at political rallies. It's also why I cannot go to rock concerts. The other stuff in the air at concerts doesn't bother me as much as tobacco. It's my problem, not the smokers', I realize that.

Respect goes both ways , When in crowds I will step away to smoke .

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    4.5 hours waiting in line to sign up to testify . Could not testify but I am on record as opposing the bills . Met some great folks.
    Good day .. Long day.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    We are still here. We ran out of antis a little while ago. Still some compelling testimony being given, including that of a teen girl who earned a college scholarship shooting an AR-15. The Frederick sheriff gave excellent testimony against the bills.

She shoots High Power at AGC with Maryland Rifle.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    Can someone give me a report on Frosh... Was he respectful to the oppose witnesses? I'm getting mixed reports that he was nasty, talked to aides and left the room when oppose witnesses came up. He is "my" senator and I already owe him a stern letter over the computer- generated reply he sent me to a thoughtful letter (his auto reply had my first name as "Esq."). Just pitiful - shows how much he cares about his constituency. If the reports I am hearing are true, I want to address that in my letter as well.

Harry

Dear Mr. Esq

I would not have had my 3 minutes in front of him until sometime around 3am so i can not tell you about that.
    The closed circuit stuff showed those providing testimony , and not the senators, the number of seats in the hearing room was very limited, don't know if anyone got to sit in a seat and just watch.

I will give him credit for making an honest attempt to pronounce people's names correctly.

The logistics of the entire thing was handled poorly - I do not put any of the blame on the staff of the building, they really were trying, but no one gave them any idea of what to expect.

Security was very heavy - but all of them that I talked to were pleasant, it seemed that Security was one area that was staffed well.

Lining us up and parading us past the podium to say " Hi, I'm Bob - this Bill is Bad." was almost insulting. That one was all Frosh.

There were so many places where a little bit of thought would have made things so much better, from contacting MSI and asking what to expect, to letting people know in advance that the Cafe closed at 3pm ( I think & it ran out of food ), to only having one sign in book - which was only a 3 ring note book binder.

Hopefully some others can give you the human interface points for him.

Last edited:

Renemehan

Mar 4, 2009
    Hanover

Harry

Check out the live stream/tv coverage thread (pg 74), someone got a picture of him playing chess on his laptop during testimony

Edit: sorry, it was Rankin not Frosh

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Just got home- very worthwhile day and amazing 2a community as usual!

Lots of typical lies from the antis and an AMAZING lack of knowledge from 75%+ of them.

On to round 2!

cad68m_m

Member MSI, SAF, NRA
    Nov 26, 2011
    Calvert
    I hit bad traffic on the way and got to the Senate building at 11:30 to register to testify, and got in a creeping never ending "disney world" type line until 3:30 or so when Delegate Don Dwyer announced that those who hadnt made it to the registration desk, would not be able to testify today, and that his office had set up a desk outside where we could enter our support or opposition to the bill and it would be forwarded to the Committee. The building was closed and there was no opportunity to reenter to listen to or watch the hearing.

I hit Starbucks for a venti coffee and walked over to lawyers mall and mingled with fellow patriots, then I took the circulator back to the stadium, home by 5:00.

I was disapointed to take a day off without pay and not even see the inside of the hearing room, or get to hear any of the hearing, or the speechs in lawyers mall, and did not get to testify...but at least my visit and viewpoint was recorded thanks to Delegate Don Dwyer.

The best part of the day was seeing the big crowd of us opposing this crappy bill, speaking with fellow patriots, being involved, and getting to talk with Delegate Smigiel for a few minutes.:)

Hey Jack, You tell my story very well, except I didn't get home until 6:00. :thumbsup:
    Don Dwyer was just great, a huge help in getting our message heard.

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    10am - Left my house
    11am - Arrived in Annapolis...only to find a long line to get into town. Everyone seemed to be nice an not do one of those last minute cuts.
    11-1pm - Got to the Stadium and waited in line for the bus. There was a guy in a wheelchair that we offered to let him cut to the front but he refused and wanted to wait like all of us. Got on the bus, paid the $2 and it drove to the other side of the stadium and stopped because of the Presidential motorcade. Everyone got fed up and walked off the bus, not able to get refunds. Showed up to the Laywers Mall just as it was starting to wind down.
    1pm-4:30pm - Waited in line to get into the Senate Building and saw Rushern Baker come out of the building. I also saw Don Dwyer who was very happy we all came out. Stood in the back of the overflow room on the right for most of the time, but managed to grab a seat towards the end. One of the people that gave a testimony came into the room and got a huge round of applause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom