• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Well, I pulled my cards today from my cameras as I do most Sundays and was suprised to find an active trespasser on almost all of my cameras for a five day period (July 13 -18, 2017). I actually saw him in person last Sunday during my usual rifle session out back. He appeared, tresspassed and vanished before I could challenge him. There was something odd about him from the vibe.

Here are some the best photos of him. I guarantee he has had prior contact with the criminal justice system from the look of him. I don't know what the heck he was up to. Growing dope in the standing corn next to our woods? No idea.

Anyway, here is my odd little friend. He has not been back in a week. Hope it stays that way. It better stay that way.

So, brothers and sisters of mdshooters.com, lets see the ethically challenged folks invading YOUR hunting areas!

Tresspasser%20July%2013%202017.JPG

Tresspasser%20%20photo%202%20July%2018%202017.JPG

Tresspasser%20%20photo%201%20July%2018%202017.JPG

Kinetic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013
    Great quality pictures.

He looks like he's getting comfortable ranging around your property.

Might want to let the Man know what's up just in case.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    ^ contact LE, show them pictures, and see if he is wanted. If they know him, get him banned from your property by name. Also make sure your property is posted with No Trespassing signs. I have some homeless drug addicts living on some property near my business and the trespassing laws favor the trespasser until you go through all the required steps as the property owner. It's a shame it's that way but it is. Good luck and stay safe.

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Prison tattoos?!?! That is just great.

Well, he is so skinny, he is no threat so long as he is unarmed. I will make sure I always have a heater on me when I go out back from now on. Before now, it was most of the time, now it will be ALL the time. If I see him again, in person or on the cameras, I will definitely bring it to the attention of LE. Thanks for the heads up!

I have no tresspassing signs up everywhere on the perimeter too. I guess he can't read. I feel kinda bad for the guy. You can tell he is a broken man.

Here is one from the back. I literally have almost a hundred photos of the guy, but only for a 5 day period. Weird.

Tresspasser%20July%2015%202017.JPG

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Absolutely let the police know. Little they can do unless you challenge him and he refuses to leave. If posted no trespassing I think they can slap him with a fine.

Since dollars to donuts he has a record longer than his swinging cod, which may not be saying much, odds are good if local PD are feeling bored they will OD him and can go have a chat about staying off private property.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    You might wanna get a camera watching your camera....good chance they may turn up missing/damaged if he thinks he's on camera.

Also make sure home, vehicles, outbuilding and such are secure.....I'm sure he is aware you have guns (weekly shooting).....so just secure everything you can. And most assuredly make LE aware, At least get the ball rolling.

Good luck, and stay safe.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    He is wearing the same underwear and shorts on 7/15 and 7/18 if your camera dates are accurate.

If he isn't wearing a shirt he must have one close by. I'd call the authorities. Back looks pretty eaten up like he is staying outside.

I only have one such picture, and it was a young kid who I saw while mowing the grass the day the pic was taken. He said he took a hike on the way home from school. I just told him to be careful on private property. Haven't seen him since. He was probably 10 so I wasn't too concerned. He did look like he was coming from school.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I'm surprised you still have a camera. Like others said check with LEO he may be hiding out there. Be careful and maybe patrol the property with another person. Not sure how big your property is but just because he's not showing up on your camera doesn't mean he is gone. Maybe just moved.

I don't have hunting property anymore, so now I have to share.:whack:

He is wearing the same underwear and shorts on 7/15 and 7/18 if your camera dates are accurate.

If he isn't wearing a shirt he must have one close by. I'd call the authorities. Back looks pretty eaten up like he is staying outside.

I only have one such picture, and it was a young kid who I saw while mowing the grass the day the pic was taken. He said he took a hike on the way home from school. I just told him to be careful on private property. Haven't seen him since. He was probably 10 so I wasn't too concerned. He did look like he was coming from school.

I noticed these things as well.
    My guess is on transient/hobo. Seems as though he moved in to your woods for a few days and then moved on.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    You could catch him in the remote outback, and go all deliverance on him. He probably will never come back again.:D

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Having previous dealings with folks living where they shouldn't, what's in the direction of his travels? Roadway, shopping center, housing development? Sometimes they hike a long way to cut through.

What's in his hand in the last picture?

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    OP
    It's your business, not mine, but I think you need to take this more seriously. You're saying he's skinny, therefore he's not a threat. I'm not in agreement. You say if you see him again, you'll contact the law. All the guys here are saying contact the law right now. I"m not sure if this is where you live, but if it is and you have family, you REALLY need to do more.

You might contact your neighbors. It's possible he is someone's no accountant nephew that was just visiting.

Your situation concerns me

MG

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    I really appreciate the perspective folks. At this point, if he is still showing up when I pull my cards this Sunday as usual, I will escalate. I think he has moved on. If he has not, I will print out photos and discuss with the neighbors and will alert the local PD and Sheriff's office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom