Official "I have recieved my HQL" thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I do like the granularity of the output.

However, I feel like I'm watching the Dominos Pizza online web food prep progress monitor with the pizza never leaving the "In the oven" stage.

Ahh, the difference is that Dominos is a business, and it needs efficiency to make a profit, so the Pizza will get done on time. As for bureaucracies processing applications to exercise a Constitutionally guaranteed right? Not so much. I do believe MSP is doing the best they can with the shi**y hand they have been dealt.

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    I called the MSP Licensing division this morning. After being transferred three times I finally got someone. I asked for clarification on the checklist being complete vs the application being complete and she mentioned the dreaded "Secondary Review". So I expect that

I pressed a little more and she said that none of the HQL's have been sent out and MSP has 30 days to send them out. At that point I could tell she was getting agitated because her "30 days" answer was not acceptable. So I let it go.

If anyone else wants to call and ask this question:
    1. Are the officers working on Background checks the same as regulated purchase checks? If so, how is MSP going to ensure that the 30 day requirement is met?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    There is absolutely no penalty for MSP not issuing in 30 days.

It was worded that way on purpose IMO.

Agreed. But by failing to issue HQL's promptly the MSP is simply bolstering the unconstitutional defacto ban argument, and beyond 30 days, they are really treading on thin Constitutional ice. IMO. You would think MSP would do their due diligence but issue them as soon as possible. Instead, it appears and sounds like they have every intention of taking the full 30 days or even longer. IMO, and regardless that Judge Blake refused to issue the TRO, it actually helps our argument in the long run. I am still a little optimistic that when they get back in front of Judge Blake, and when the AAG can't say any HQL's have been issued, she will at least issue the preliminary injunction. That would be the "fair and reasonable" approach MSP was referring to in its 9/24 Advisory, and it would serve to embarrass MOM, the Legislature, and the upper MSP leadership, even if only for a short while.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    Pretty funny that everyone wants to be the first "Kid" on the block with his shiny new HQL. Lol.......What's the hurry, didn't you all buy enough handguns prior to 10/01??

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Mine is marked as active too.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      2.7 KB · Views: 393

BadShot25

Oct 9, 2008
    Mine went active today. Pretty fast considering they just started checking on my application yesterday.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Pretty funny that everyone wants to be the first "Kid" on the block with his shiny new HQL. Lol.......What's the hurry, didn't you all buy enough handguns prior to 10/01??

Nothing funny at all about being required to get a license, and be fingerprinted like a common criminal, to exercise a fundamental and Constitutionally guaranteed right. And I'd bet not a single one of us wanted to do it on principle alone. That said, and for various reasons, there are a lot of pre-Oct. 1 handgun purchases that have not been released or picked up from dealers, and the only way to do it safely in the Republic of Merryland after Sept. 30 is with an HQL.

So "What's in your wallet?"

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    What does "active" mean? Does that mean it's done, approved, and will be in the mail shortly?

Yes, if it lists a HQL # and an active date you are GTG, and the card should be mailed within 14 days.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    Mine went active today. Pretty fast considering they just started checking on my application yesterday.

like I said in another thread...........................

seems like HQL to the MSP is just - ya pays yur money, jump thru the hoops and ya get yur ticket

the background check will happen when you buy a gun

HQL is just a inconvenient tax by owemalley to stop the casual buyer

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    I wonder how they managed to do that when they can't get 77r's marked disapproved in any less than 90 days. :sad20:

The "they" doing the HQL are computers. The "they" doing the 77r are people. They are not the same they.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom