• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Since the thread has inevitably morphed into including some discussion I'm changing the title to better reflect that.

Houndkeeper

Gardez Bien
    This was a fabulous day! Gorgeous fall weather, awesome firepower and friendly, patient folks willing to endure numerous, newbie questions!

A thank you shout out to Alucard who zero'd my .22 lr for me!

So many folks willing to share their firearms and ammo......such fun!

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Ak Pistol?

Homemade from a flat? Or vistor from out of state?

Both, actually. ;)

I built it from a flat when I was stationed at Offutt, and got orders to Meade this year. Form 1 is in for approval (gotta love bringing my Trust with me :D ) so it'll be finally "correct" at some point. For now though, it certainly makes for a fun conversation piece. :D

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Let's see if I can remember to give credit where it's due.

For donating door prizes, a big THANK YOU to:

Gun Connection

Jeepdriver

Norton

DD214

Alucard

3rdRcn

VNVGunner.

Canuck

Your generosity was GREATLY appreciated! :thumbsup:

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Big thanks to whomever donated the AR buttstock and handguards. My wife won them and she's extremely giddy about doing a dissipator build with them. :D

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Guys (and Gals),

I just want to thank everyone who came out today to make this event such a dramatic success. We had right around 100 shooters out today making this the largest MDShooters event ever and certainly one of the largest event of its kind anywhere.

Thanks go to DD214 for everything he does to make this forum possible and to Spot77, JeepDriver and Jody for assisting with RSO duties.

Thanks also go to everyone who made donations for the giveaways. We figure that we gave away right around $500 of goodies today :party29:

It was a good day and a safe day which makes it well worth the drive to DelMarVa.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Big thanks to whomever donated the AR buttstock and handguards. My wife won them and she's extremely giddy about doing a dissipator build with them. :D

DD214 threw those in the pot, I think.

It was cool seeing the enthusiasm on her face. She came to the table and knew EXACTLY what she wanted.

hughmon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2008
    What a great day!

Thanks to all those who made it possible!

I was a pleasure meeting everyone from the forum!

Dang Jeep! It wasn't till I got home that I realized that I did not get a chance to say hello. Maybe next time.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    That BMG and its older sibling the Browning .50 were bad ass!! :party29:

The Ma Deuce = fun.

I tried to talk Spot77 into running his company car down range since he's due for another one soon, but we needed a way to get home.

TonyB

Feb 18, 2007
    Annapolis
    Great time!

That was my first shoot with the MDS crowd and you guys put on a great event. Thanks a bunch to Spot, Norton, DD214, Zeke (and others) for putting the event together and having us out.

Thanks to Glen and DST for letting a greenie in on their stations and providing good company. :) Saw a bunch of familiar names and even managed to meet a few.

I snapped a handful of pics, but was too excited to go into manual mode, so we'll see how they turned out and I'll post them tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks again, I'm gonna go watch the late game, take an Advil, and try to explain to the wife why my right shoulder is a little black n blue. :innocent0

Thanks for the great triggertime, Ralph. Ma Deuce for VP! :party29:
    DSC_1697.JPG

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Here's what it's all about. I'd rather watch this all day and not get any trigger time myself:
    (Posted with permission ;) )

Attachments

• MdShooters Oct 19th, 2008 026.jpg
      MdShooters Oct 19th, 2008 026.jpg
      105.3 KB · Views: 405
    • MdShooters Oct 19th, 2008 028.jpg
      MdShooters Oct 19th, 2008 028.jpg
      102.8 KB · Views: 413

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    nothing like watching tracers fly down range from the ma deuce

was a good time and nice to meet some everyone that i had a chance to talk to.

note to self for next year: bring more targets that disintegrate in a fun visual manner or make noise when you shoot them.

BraveUlysses

Apr 26, 2008
    Thanks to everyone for a great day. I didn't take many pictures because I was too busy shooting and having fun. I was able to take a few quick shoots of some others who were also too busy shooting.

Chris & Dave, thanks for the 10/22 fun!!

Also, I did find this bolt rather interesting...

IMG_0080.jpg

Last edited:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Thanks to all who attended what was probably our best event yet. It was great to meet everyone I hadn't met before, and to see old friends again. And a special thanks to Terry and the others who helped with the kids course, and to everyone who donated prizes for the raffle (sorry I can't remember specific names right now. Just got home and brain dead is an understatement). You guys rock! (but not as much as that Ma Deuce ;))

Spot77 and Norton. What can I say other than that I couldn't do it without you. Thanks more than you know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom