• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    beware crappy cellphone video quality...

i got another ma deuce vid processing now whatever the hell that means

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    One of the few pics I took. Way too busy looking around at all of the toys. :)

mdsfbanner.JPG

TonyB

Feb 18, 2007
    Annapolis
    Oops, wrong girlie, Green........my hat was navy blue with a shamrock.......I did see a pink hat walking around but am clueless as to who it was.

Yup, that was 'DST's Woman'...she and her posse were kind enough to share a station with me so I could sight in the SKS. :thumbsup:

Actually, now that I think of it, I got in your way a few times at a pistol station...I was the guy in the blue hat w/ the P6.
    Next time I'll say hello, then butt in front of ya. :innocent0

Dst

Jan 29, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Yeah, my wife was wearing a pink Carolina Blonde hat, and participating in clay destruction at the 300yd berm, and learning all about "Garand thumb" (but not the hard way).

I'd actually never shot a Garand before yesterday, and now I want at least 3. Also, if anyone can recommend a good recoil pad for a 91/30, my shoulder still hurts. :(

Thanks for a great day, guys!

Edit -- I forgot about this...but I was just poking through the Picasa and saw it. Had I not seen this myself I would not believe it:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/absolut27t/MDShootersOct08#5259296379141101650

Last edited:

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Yeah, my wife was wearing a pink Carolina Blonde hat, and participating in clay destruction at the 300yd berm, and learning all about "Garand thumb" (but not the hard way).

I'd actually never shot a Garand before yesterday, and now I want at least 3. Also, if anyone can recommend a good recoil pad for a 91/30, my shoulder still hurts. :(

Thanks for a great day, guys!

Edit -- I forgot about this...but I was just poking through the Picasa and saw it. Had I not seen this myself I would not believe it:

My first impression would be that case was there to show the chamber was empty, not a fte. I dont think the bolt hold open works with the removable mags.

TonyB

Feb 18, 2007
    Annapolis
    I dont think the bolt hold open works with the removable mags.

It does. After last round is spent, the bolt locks open. But you would need to manually engage the catch if you close the bolt after removing the mag. It was actually a friend's rifle; he planned to come but got tied up with work...I wonder if he wants to sell it, I likely. :thumbsup:

I need to learn how to strip/clean it...it's got some nasty black grease and lotsa residue buildup. Any excuse to play w/ guns. :cool:

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    Oops, wrong girlie, Green........my hat was navy blue with a shamrock.......I did see a pink hat walking around but am clueless as to who it was.

There were so many people, i found myself spending time with the folks i knew best and really didnt start mingling till the end. I regret that for sure. Hard to be social with guns blazing, ear protection on and so much ammo to shoot.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I need to learn how to strip/clean it...it's got some nasty black grease and lotsa residue buildup. Any excuse to play w/ guns. :cool:

http://www.surplusrifle.com/sks/carbine/index.asp

:thumbsup:

Dst said:
    Also, if anyone can recommend a good recoil pad for a 91/30, my shoulder still hurts.

Although I'd never buy from midway after their shenanigans they pulled on me, they have one I use when I'm gonna be shooting my 7 SHAMU or a lot of shotgunning:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=367156

good juju.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

try this one...sissy pad..it's what i have on my mosin. look in the posting alucard put up on page 3 of me shooting and you can see it. it does one heck of a job. shot about 150 sunday and shoulder feels fresh as a spring rain...no bruising or anything. i got the small size for mine and does okay. if u wanna try it out i can meet u at hap or cresap sometime for shooting or just meetup to toss it your way so you can try it on your own before buying....otherwise i'd say just get it. aside from the butt-ugly looks it does a great job.

Houndkeeper

Gardez Bien
    Yup, that was 'DST's Woman'...she and her posse were kind enough to share a station with me so I could sight in the SKS. :thumbsup:

Actually, now that I think of it, I got in your way a few times at a pistol station...I was the guy in the blue hat w/ the P6.
    Next time I'll say hello, then butt in front of ya. :innocent0

Not in my way, no worries! :thumbsup: I probably was in your way. :o

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    try this one...sissy pad..it's what i have on my mosin. look in the posting alucard put up on page 3 of me shooting and you can see it. it does one heck of a job. shot about 150 sunday and shoulder feels fresh as a spring rain...no bruising or anything. i got the small size for mine and does okay. if u wanna try it out i can meet u at hap or cresap sometime for shooting or just meetup to toss it your way so you can try it on your own before buying....otherwise i'd say just get it. aside from the butt-ugly looks it does a great job.

Might have a tough time with that meet up thing there smokey, less you feel like drivin a few hours.:D

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    why don't those guys with all of those class III's by me on the pistol range post? I seen you taking video.

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    It was a great day and I had a BLAST. I want to thank slayr15 for the parts for my Remington, I had her assembled Sunday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom