• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    In case you hadn't heard, we should find out around 9:30 this morning if SCOTUS grants cert to hear the Wollard case.

In case you're new to the forums (or have been living under a rock for a few years), this case is about Maryland's handling of handgun carry permits and their use of the required "Good and Substantial Reason" to effectively bar permits to the common citizen. The case was ruled in our favor at District Court but against us at the Circuit Court, so as it stands the status quo has been maintained. This case could potentially be huge because it could allow SCOTUS to rule on Second Amendment protections outside of the home (i.e. the "bear" part of "keep and bear arms").

Updates to follow shortly.

EDIT: The quote from my signature is from the District Court ruling of Wollard. This is the kind of language we'd hope to get in a SCOTUS ruling if they grant cert.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on come on

come on already!

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Well, my morning at work is officially shot until the news is out. Likewise, my afternoon is shot depending on the outcome (I'll either be too happy to care about anything else or too upset to care about anything else).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom