• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10xclean

MDS Supporter
    Dec 23, 2008
    Kingsville
    I have a few old (10) pistols from my parents and in laws, family members from the last 30+ years. .25, .22, 38 quite a variety. Stuff you got from montgomery wards in the 50/60's for $50. I saw a post on here year ago or so someone (FFL) looking for these. Not looking to get rich, not looking to give away. doubt any of them could be sold in MD. my searches have failed me to find that post. maybe save them for turn in at liberal events? Do they still have gun buybacks ?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I have a few old (10) pistols from my parents and in laws, family members from the last 30+ years. .25, .22, 38 quite a variety. Stuff you got from montgomery wards in the 50/60's for $50. I saw a post on here year ago or so someone (FFL) looking for these. Not looking to get rich, not looking to give away. doubt any of them could be sold in MD. my searches have failed me to find that post. maybe save them for turn in at liberal events? Do they still have gun buybacks ?
    I'd see if you can find an FFL to see if they are able to be sold. Maybe the FFL would purchase them? They nay be Curio and Relic eligible.

I would explore every possible route before going to a gun buyback. I'd probably chuck 'em off a bridge before I took them to a buyback.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Selling to a dealer would be a rookie mistake of the first stripe. You may do well to get some help and/or do a little research to find out what you have.

The person who asked about it is the now banned member "The Saint". Great guy, but he was an FFL without Industry Partner (IP) status on MDS. The FFL's who are IP's and the forum moderators frown on non-IP dealers selling on this forum. It is my understanding he was warned multiple times.
    As others have stated, selling to an FFL will be really easy, but you're going to get hosed financially.
    ETA- The handgun roster is irrelevant to anything made before 1986.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I'd put them on consigment. That's the easiest route. Typical commission is 15%. You could also try the classifieds here.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Can't offer any insight but would love to see a pic of the group. Always enjoying see old collectibles even if I can't buy them. Some might have more insight if they know what the pieces are?

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Bring them to an FFL for consignment.

If not sold in 90 days, consider other options.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Gun buybacks pop up

Take them by Saint Firearms. Matt likes old pistols as mentioned up thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom